Amazon Prime Day Apple Deals
AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
Amazon Prime Day is a shopping holiday that the online retailer started in 2015. By 2022, it's now an extremely popular event, with customers scouring the site for Black Friday and Cyber Monday types of deals. Among countless other discounted items, each year's sale typically includes some Apple products.
- Shop today's specials and save up to $3,000 at Amazon
The 2022 Prime Day consumer holiday ran from July 12 and 13. But the savings aren't over yet, as Prime members have early access to holiday deals Oct. 11-12.
Still great savings in effect
Amazon has officially launched discounts on its own devices, as well as third-party brands like Toshiba and P&G.
Apple hardware discounts
Amazon isn't the only place to secure the best prices on Apple hardware. Third-party resellers like Adorama, B&H, Walmart and Best Buy also get in on the action by slashing prices throughout Prime week and beyond, with many of the discounts available exclusively for AppleInsider readers.
Apple Watch savings
- 41mm Series 8 (GPS) Midnight Aluminum, Midnight Sport Band: $349 ($50 off) at Amazon
- 41mm Series 8 (Cellular) Silver Stainless Steel, White Sport Band: $659 ($40 off) at Amazon
- 41mm Apple Series 8 (Cellular) Silver Stainless, Milanese Loop: $699 ($50 off) at Amazon
- 44mm Apple Watch SE (Gen 1, GPS, Space Gray Aluminium, Midnight Sport Band): $199 ($100 off) at Amazon
- Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Gen): $239 ($10 off)
Office for Mac deal
- Lifetime Microsoft Office For Mac Home & Business 2021 license: $35.99 (86% off)
Latest MacBook Pro deals
- 14" MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 8-core CPU, 14C GPU, 16GB, 512GB): $1,789 ($210 off)
- 14" MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 10-core CPU, 16C GPU, 16GB, 1TB): $2,189 ($310 off)
- 16" MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 16-core GPU, 16GB, 512GB): $2,189 ($310 off)
- 16" MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 16-core GPU, 16GB, 1TB): $2,379 ($320 off)
- 13" MacBook Pro (M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) Space Gray: $1,099.99 ($200 off)
iPads from $299
- Electro-Voice RE20-BLACK Dynamic Broadcast Announcer Microphone: $449 ($160 off)
For the home
- Roborock S7 Robot Vacuum and Mop: $409.99 (37% off) at Amazon
- Roborock S7 MaxV Robot Vacuum & Sonic Mop: $639.99 (26% off) at Amazon
- Roborock S7 MaxV Plus Robot Vacuum & Sonic Mop w/ Auto-Empty Dock: $869.99 (25% off) at Amazon
- Roborock E5 Mop Robot Vacuum Cleaner: $199.99 (44% off) at Amazon
- Roborock Dyad Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum: $314.99 (30% off) at Amazon
- Aqara smart home sensors & hubs: Save up to 28% at Amazon
- Canary View Indoor Home Security Camera: $99 ($50 off) at Amazon
- Smartmi Air Purifier: $109.99 ($110 off) at Amazon
- Smartmi Air Purifier P1: $135.99 ($44 off) at Amazon
- Meross Smart Light Bulb 4-Pack: $41.20 ($9 off) with on-page coupon
Toys & games
- Amazon devices up to 54% off
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an annual shopping holiday designed to rival events like BF and Cyber Monday. The sale lasts two days. Before 2020, Amazon always held it in mid-July of each year.
Amazon staggers many shorter deals throughout the two-day event. It includes many limited-time discounts that may only last several hours. High-demand items frequently sell out before the deal expires.
Amazon announces some deals in advance — often including Amazon-made devices like Kindle and Echo. However, "Flash Deals" often remain a mystery until they go live on the website.
The surprise factor encourages customers to check back continually, leading to unplanned purchases. The continual discovery of new offers can also bring about non-stop media coverage, essentially providing Amazon with free advertising throughout the entire two-day event.
When is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day 2022 occurred on July 12 and 13, with a Prime Early Access Sale slated for October 11th and 12th, with early access to holiday deals. Prime Day 2023 has yet to be announced.
From 2015 to 2019, Amazon held Prime Day in mid-July. The online seller held the first Prime Day in honor of the website's 20th anniversary that month.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Amazon pushed back the 2020 event to October.
The mid-July timeframe was reinstated for Prime Day 2022, which occurred on July 12 and 13.
Does Amazon Prime Day include Apple deals?
Yes. The 2022 interation featured a hefty discount on the Apple Watch Series 7, discounting it by $120 with prices as low as $279. AirPods with Wired Case were also on sale for $89.99, the cheapest price seen in 2022.
In 2019, Amazon became an official Apple Authorized Reseller. Prime Day listings described as both "sold by" and "ships from" Amazon.com are guaranteed to be official Apple products.
Third-party resellers can sell Apple products on Amazon, but they may present some risk of receiving counterfeits, open-box items listed as new, or other issues.
Viewing seller ratings and reviews can help shoppers discern whether a particular deal is trustworthy.
When was it held in the past?
Amazon's sale has fallen on the following dates:
- 2015 - July 15
- 2016 - July 12
- 2017 - July 11 and 12
- 2018 - July 16 and 17
- 2019 - July 15 and 16
- 2020 - October 13 and 14
- 2021 - June 21 and 22
- 2022 - July 12 and 13
Amazon postponed the 2020 event due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The company returned to running the sale in the normal July spot for 2022.
Does Amazon Prime Day have good deals?
Amazon's sales often provide steep discounts from standard retail pricing.
In 2015, the event's first year, customers complained that most sale items were far from popular. Social media users criticized the event for serving as little more than an "Amazon garage sale."
However, the company began offering more appealing sale items in subsequent years. In 2016, Amazon said customers placed 60% more orders than in the first year.
Today, Prime Day's high-profile deals are much closer to Black Friday sales than they were at the beginning.
Does it require a Prime Membership?
Yes, Prime Day deals are only available to Amazon Prime members. An Amazon Prime subscription costs $139 annually or $14.99 per month. The pricing for a Prime Membership has increased in the past year, but trials are available and may be utilized during Prime Day to take part in the deals available for purchase.
Is there a Prime student discount?
Yes, Amazon has a Prime student discount program. Students can pay $69.99 per year or $7.49 per month. Currently, you may try Amazon Prime Student with a free 6-month trial. Following the trial, you'll pay just $7.49 a month. Students are required to submit documentation to verify their eligibility.
How much money do customers save?
Amazon says that customers saved $1.4 billion during the 2020 shopping event.
What are the most popular items?
According to Amazon, its Amazon Music promotions offered the best deal ever for Prime members and drove more sign-ups for Amazon Music Unlimited worldwide than any other Prime Day.
The company listed top-selling item types, excluding Amazon devices, from several other regions:
- United States: Waterpik Electric Water Flosser
- Germany and Austria: Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Android Tablet
- France: Philips OneBlade replacement blades
- Singapore: Vita Coco Natural Coconut Water
- Australia: DualSense Wireless Controller for the PlayStation 5
- United Arab Emirates: Fairy Lemon Dishwashing Liquid Soap
Amazon says the Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote was the most popular global purchase. The company also mentioned that customers purchased a record-setting number of Fire TVs, from brands including Toshiba and Insignia.
How much money do third-party sellers make?
Amazon says third-party sellers made over $3.5 billion in 2020.
Does the event include anything other than deals?
In 2018, Amazon began partnering with artists to include live concerts for Prime customers. That year, the firm held an event with Ariana Grande that streamed on Amazon Video and Twitch. A 2019 concert featured a performance by Taylor Swift and other popular musical acts. In 2021, Amazon offered the Prime Day Show, featuring music from Billie Eilish, Kid Cudi, and H.E.R.