Benchmarks for all three 8-Core Penryn Mac Pros reportedFollowing up on a previous set of 2.8GHz Mac Pro benchmarks, Geekbench developer Primate Labs has expanded its report on the latest Apple workstations to include performance measures for all three models, including the 8-Core 3.2GHz configuration.
Each of the three machines were configured identically with 2.00GB of 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMMs, Mac OS X 10.5.1 build 9B2117, and pit against a baseline, where a score of 1000 represents the performance of a Power Mac G5 running at 1.6GHz.
Additionally, each model was tested under Geekbench 2 running both 32-bit and 64-bit code for a more in-depth comparison of the systems' capabilities.
"Whats interesting about the charts [below] is that the performance difference between the 2.8GHz and 3.2GHz Mac Pro isnt as great as the difference between running 32-bit code and 64-bit code," the firm concluded following the tests. "In fact, the 2.8GHz Mac Pro running 64-bit code is faster than the 3.2GHz Mac Pro running 32-bit code."
On Topic: Mac Pro
- Free Apple TV and the lowest prices anywhere on every MacBook + AppleCare bundle (save $200-$800); iMacs & Mac Pros too
- Black Friday at MacMall kicks off with up to $300 off Retina MacBook Pros, $200 off Retina iMac, up to $600 off Mac Pros
- Deals: Free Apple Magic Trackpad and 25-100% off AppleCare with each MacBook, Mac Pro and non-Retina iMac
- Killer Deal: Free AppleCare with all iMac 5Ks & Mac Pros plus $50-$275 instant discounts, tax savings
- PSW14 Deals: $600 off DSLRs, $300 off Pentax Lenses, $260 off Mac Pros, plus hundreds off lighting systems, kits & more