Martin Scorsese featured in new iPhone 4S adApple continues to tap celebrities to show off the iPhone 4S-exclusive Siri voice assistant with a new TV commercial starring director Martin Scorsese.
The newly-released ad featuring Scorsese captures the famous director's personality as he uses Siri to plan out his day while riding in the back of a New York City taxi cab.
As MacRumors reported, the new Apple commercial is the fourth installment in a series of Siri-centric spots that feature prominent American pop-culture icons, and follows similar ads starring Samuel L. Jackson, John Malkovich and Zooey Deschanel.
Just like the other celebrity Siri ads, Scorsese's plays to the director's perceived public persona: a fast-paced, high-energy hollywood type that's forever on the go. A particularly humorous section of the clip highlights the location abilities of iOS 5 when Scorsese thinks he sees an acquaintance named "Rick" in a car next to his and asks Siri "where's Rick?" Ricks position in manhattan is displayed and Scorsese replies, "nah, that's not Rick."
Credit: Television Promos
It appears that Apple is moving back to using high-profile talent to bring attention to their products after years of shying away from the practice. Before the recent TV ad campaign the last celebrity to be featured in an Apple commercial was singer Bono who was featured with his band U2 in a number of iPod spots.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: 'iPhone 7' holds back, 2017 Apple Watch plans, Thunderbolt Display gone & more
- Apple's FaceTime subject of renewed VoIP patent infringement lawsuit
- Apple's Campus 2 to use updated Bloom Energy fuel cells first deployed at NC data center
- Apple's iTunes, App Store, iBooks Store suffer unscheduled downtime [ux2]
- Netflix working on offline viewing, could arrive by end of 2016 - report