Retina MacBook Pros now ship from Apple in under a weekThe new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display is now advertised to ship in 5 to 7 business days from Apple's online store.
Both the 2.3 gigahertz and 2.6 gigahertz standard configuration models now ship in a week or less when ordered directly from Apple. Previously, estimated shipping times were pegged at 2 to 3 weeks.
The shortened shipping times come as Apple has also expanded configuration options for the entry-level MacBook Pro with Retina display, allowing users to add 512- or 768-gigabyte solid-state drives to the base model with a 2.3-gigahertz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor.
Shipping times for the MacBook Pro with Retina display have readily improved since the next-generation notebook was unveiled at the Worldwide Developers Conference in June. Apple has called the new MacBook Pro, which borrows elements from the thin-and-light MacBook Air, "the most beautiful computer we have ever made."
The standout feature of the new MacBook Pro is its 2,880-by-1,880-pixel Retina display that features 220 pixels-per-inch on the 15.4-inch screen. The new design also cuts glare by 75 percent by removing the glass cover found in previous models.
In addition to Apple's own online store, the new MacBook Pro with Retina display is also available for purchase from authorized Apple resellers. Many of the resellers found in AppleInsider's Mac Price Guide ship the new high-resolution MacBook Pro the same day it is ordered.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Intel details new Skylake chips hinting at Apple's future 15" MacBook Pro specs
- 2016 expected to be a big year for Apple's MacBook lineup, upgrades to arrive in coming months
- Consumer Reports survey finds Apple most reliable laptop brand
- Rumor: Apple to unveil redesigned MacBook Airs, new 15" model at WWDC 2016
- Record Low Prices: Apple's iMac 4K falls $200 to $1,299, iMac 5K to $1,599, 15" MacBook Pro to $1699 at B&H ahead of Black Friday