Retina MacBook Pros now ship from Apple in under a weekThe new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display is now advertised to ship in 5 to 7 business days from Apple's online store.
Both the 2.3 gigahertz and 2.6 gigahertz standard configuration models now ship in a week or less when ordered directly from Apple. Previously, estimated shipping times were pegged at 2 to 3 weeks.
The shortened shipping times come as Apple has also expanded configuration options for the entry-level MacBook Pro with Retina display, allowing users to add 512- or 768-gigabyte solid-state drives to the base model with a 2.3-gigahertz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor.
Shipping times for the MacBook Pro with Retina display have readily improved since the next-generation notebook was unveiled at the Worldwide Developers Conference in June. Apple has called the new MacBook Pro, which borrows elements from the thin-and-light MacBook Air, "the most beautiful computer we have ever made."
The standout feature of the new MacBook Pro is its 2,880-by-1,880-pixel Retina display that features 220 pixels-per-inch on the 15.4-inch screen. The new design also cuts glare by 75 percent by removing the glass cover found in previous models.
In addition to Apple's own online store, the new MacBook Pro with Retina display is also available for purchase from authorized Apple resellers. Many of the resellers found in AppleInsider's Mac Price Guide ship the new high-resolution MacBook Pro the same day it is ordered.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Low-end Intel Kaby Lake processors detailed, MacBook Pro version absent
- Deals: $150-$290 off 15" MacBook Pros; 12" MacBook for $964; 13" MacBook Pro (2.7GHz, 8GB, 256GB) for $1,200
- Possible references to MacBook Pro OLED 'Function Row' spotted in Pages code
- Inside Apple's 2016 MacBook Pro: Graphics processing unit choices
- macOS Sierra beta points to future Macs equipped with 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2