Microsoft adds Retina display support to Office for Mac 2011Microsoft on Wednesday updated its Office for Mac 2011 productivity suite to add Retina display support for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
The update makes text more crisp and all key ares of the interface sharper than ever, Microsoft said in a post to its official Office for Mac blog. Users who have Microsoft AutoUpdate set to check for updates automatically will be notified that Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac version 14.2.4 is now available.
Microsoft promised on Wednesday that its team is "going back to work on even more great features" for Office for Mac. The product team welcomes comments and suggestions on its official blog. Office for Mac 2011 first launched in October of 2011.
Apple currently offers one Mac in its lineup with a high-resolution Retina display: a 15-inch MacBook Pro. The company is expected to launch a 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display this fall to expand the Retina lineup to two Macs.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Apple adds 5K support to MacBook Pro as target display mode remains absent for Retina iMac
- This week on AppleInsider: New Macs, Apple Watch update, TV plans & more
- Deals: $400 off 2014 15" MacBook Pros & mid-2015 15" MacBook Pros at the lowest prices
- Apple launches new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch trackpad
- Rumor: Apple to update 15" MacBook Pro, 27" iMac on Wednesday