Microsoft adds Retina display support to Office for Mac 2011Microsoft on Wednesday updated its Office for Mac 2011 productivity suite to add Retina display support for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
The update makes text more crisp and all key ares of the interface sharper than ever, Microsoft said in a post to its official Office for Mac blog. Users who have Microsoft AutoUpdate set to check for updates automatically will be notified that Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac version 14.2.4 is now available.
Microsoft promised on Wednesday that its team is "going back to work on even more great features" for Office for Mac. The product team welcomes comments and suggestions on its official blog. Office for Mac 2011 first launched in October of 2011.
Apple currently offers one Mac in its lineup with a high-resolution Retina display: a 15-inch MacBook Pro. The company is expected to launch a 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display this fall to expand the Retina lineup to two Macs.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Ship times for new MacBook Pro models with Touch Bar fall to 4-5 weeks
- Watch: A closer look at Apple's late-2016 MacBook Pro lineup
- New 13" MacBook Pro w/o Touch Bar keeps pace with higher clocked 2015 Retina model
- AMD Radeon Pro 450, 455, 460 chipsets debuting in the MacBook Pro detailed, benchmarked
- Apple posts Accessibility, MacBook Pro design videos on YouTube