Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 08:34 pm
Noted manga creator to pen, ink biography of Steve JobsLate Apple cofounder Steve Jobs' life will soon be the subject of a biography by celebrated manga creator Mari Yamazaki, it was revealed on Tuesday.
The cover image to Thermae Romae, by Mari Yamazaki
Comic Natalie carried news on Tuesday (via Anime News Network) that Yamazaki will turn Jobs' life into a manga series. The new series will run in Kiss magazine on a monthly basis.
Speaking with "Hello from Studio Park," Yamazaki showed off an illustration she had created of Jobs, saying that she had already started on the work. Yamazaki said she feels personal sympathy for Jobs, whose life and image have already been the subject of an authorized biography, an Aaron Sorkin-penned biopic, another biopic starring Ashton Kutcher, and multiple action figures.
Yamazaki is the creator of Thermae Romae, which won the third Manga Taishō and Short Story Award at the 14th Tezuka Osamo Cultural Prize. The series follows an ancient Roman architect who discovers a hidden path to a modern Japanese bath house, the customs of which he carries back to his own time.
On Topic: General
- Google's Motorola issues second appeal of ITC case dismissal against Apple
- South Australia's first Apple Store draws line hours ahead of opening [u}
- Rains once more cause damage at Apple's Fifth Avenue NY store
- Steve Jobs's family has been giving money away anonymously for more than 2 decades
- Judge says evidence will likely show Apple culpable in e-book price fixing case