Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 with new MiniPlayer, improved Songs ViewApple on Thursday released a new version of its iTunes media suite, with a new MiniPlayer featuring artwork and a progress bar, along with an improved Songs View.
iTunes 11.0.3 is now available to download direct from Apple or through an OS X software update. The application is a 196.6-megabyte download for Mac. An update is also available for Windows users.
Release notes for the software state that users can now see their album artwork while in Songs View with iTunes 11.0.3. The updated software also adds support for multi-disc albums, which are now shown as a single album.
According to Apple, the update also provides performance improvements when searching and sorting large iTunes libraries.
The latest relatively minor update to iTunes arrived in February in the form of version 11.0.2,adding a new "Composers" view for music along with providing speed and reliability upgrades.
The last major update to the software was released as iTunes 11 last November. It featured a complete overhaul of the application's design, along with a new storefront and tighter integration with Apple's iCloud suite of services.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple to instate country-specific app taxes in EU starting Jan. 1
- Apple's iTunes DRM didn't violate antitrust laws, jury finds
- Pixelmator, Beyonce, 'Guardians of the Galaxy' & 'Fargo' lead Apple's iTunes Best of 2014 awards
- Apple flips switch on holiday-themed iTunes Radio stations
- Antitrust laws could cost Apple $1 billion in iTunes monopoly case