Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 with new MiniPlayer, improved Songs ViewApple on Thursday released a new version of its iTunes media suite, with a new MiniPlayer featuring artwork and a progress bar, along with an improved Songs View.
iTunes 11.0.3 is now available to download direct from Apple or through an OS X software update. The application is a 196.6-megabyte download for Mac. An update is also available for Windows users.
Release notes for the software state that users can now see their album artwork while in Songs View with iTunes 11.0.3. The updated software also adds support for multi-disc albums, which are now shown as a single album.
According to Apple, the update also provides performance improvements when searching and sorting large iTunes libraries.
The latest relatively minor update to iTunes arrived in February in the form of version 11.0.2,adding a new "Composers" view for music along with providing speed and reliability upgrades.
The last major update to the software was released as iTunes 11 last November. It featured a complete overhaul of the application's design, along with a new storefront and tighter integration with Apple's iCloud suite of services.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Music team working on fixes, improvements through end of 2015, says iTunes VP
- Judge denies Apple a retrial in Smartflash suit, but upholds decision to toss $533M damages against Apple
- The Weeknd, The Chemical Brothers, James Bay, more added to Apple Music Festival lineup
- New home for Apple Music exec Ian Rogers is French luxury giant LVMH
- Latest Apple Music ads debut during MTV VMAs, feature The Weeknd & playlists