Tuesday, June 04, 2013, 03:03 pm PT (06:03 pm ET)
Apple pushes out OS X Lion, Snow Leopard security patches after Mountain Lion updateMinutes after Apple release the OS X 10.8.4 maintenance update, the company made available security updates for client and server editions of 10.6 Snow Leopard and 10.7 Lion.
On the heels of Tuesday's OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion update, Apple made Security Update 2013-002 for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and 10.7 Lion available for both client and server iterations of the two legacy operating systems.
In the corresponding support page, Apple doesn't mention what changes were made in the latest updates, noting such information could be harmful to consumers until a full investigation is completed and patches are issued.
Security Update 2013-002 is recommended for all Snow Leopard and Lion users and can be downloaded via Software Update or from Apple's Support Download webpage.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple opens OS X betas to consumers with Beta Seed Program
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 beta to developers with minor tweaks
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple issues iMovie for Mac update with new features, bug fixes
- Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvements