Apple partners with Vevo to stream concerts from SXSW iTunes FestivalWhen the iTunes Festival at SXSW kicks off tonight, marking its debut in the U.S., fans will be able to view acts Coldplay, Imagine Dragons and London Grammar live on Vevo for iOS and Apple TV, as well as in Apple's Safari browser for Mac.
Vevo's iTunes Festival site remains exclusive to Apple device users, who will be able to stream performances live throughout the week. Things kick off tonight at 8:30 p.m. Eastern and performances will be held nightly through Saturday.
With London Grammar taking the stage at 8:30, Imagine Dragons will begin their set an hour later. The first night's lineup closes with Coldplay at 11 p.m. Eastern.
Wednesday's performances are headlined by Kendrick Lamar, Thursday will see Soundgarden main event, Friday's top star is Pitbull, and Keith Urban will close out the week on Saturday. Other performers include Willie Nelson, ZEDD, Band of Skulls, and ScHoolboy Q.
Vevo will be the exclusive third-party broadcaster of the iTunes Festival, though Apple is offering users the ability to see the performances through its own applications on both iOS and Apple TV.
Though it has historically been held in London, the iTunes Festival is making its U.S. debut at the South by Southwest music and media conference in Austin, Tex. The shows will take place live at the Moody Theater, home of Austin City Limits.
On Topic: iTunes
- Adele's '25' hits Apple Music, Spotify, other streaming services
- Apple Music coming soon to South Korea, local music organization says
- Apple's Trent Reznor says YouTube built on stolen content, pushes Apple Music
- Apple execs say 'no end date' to iTunes downloads, sales in better-than-expected decline
- Report insists Apple 'keeping options open' on phasing out iTunes downloads