New images show Space Grey 'iPhone 6' mockup compared to iPhone 5s, HTC OneA number of new photos purporting to show manufacturing mockups of Apple's next-generation handset have surfaced from sources in Japan and Korea, detailing a thinner, larger iPhone with a redesigned rear flash and relocated sleep/wake button.
In agreement with previous "leaks," the new images seem to show a more svelte design featuring a 4.7-inch display and a side-mounted sleep/wake button. The photos were published by Japanese publication ascii.jp and Korean blog Seeko and were first noticed by GforGames.
The mockups continue to feature a round rear-mounted flash, a departure from the ovular True Tone setup found on the iPhone 5s. Apple is unlikely to abandon the feature so soon after introduction, meaning the mockups could either represent a new, smaller dual-LED unit or could show an older iPhone design.
In terms of overall size, the mockups fit neatly between an iPhone 5s and HTC's One handset, reflecting the expected 4.7-inch display size of the iPhone 6. The HTC device ships with a 5-inch display.
Additionally, the iPhone 5 and 5s's square, chamfered edges give way to a rounded design reminiscent of the first-generation iPhone.
No matter the final industrial design, Apple's iPhone 6 is widely believed to come with a larger display — likely 4.7 inches, with a 5.5-inch variant possible — as well as a faster A8 processor.
On Topic: iPhone
- Runtastic debuts Moment smartwatch, combining analog face & fitness tracking
- Philips at work on Hue Bridge to connect Hue lights to Apple's HomeKit
- Microsoft updates Skype iPhone & iPad apps with overhauled interfaces, more
- Latest comScore figures show iPhone growing and cementing US marketshare
- Key 'iPhone 6s' upgrades reaffirmed to be Force Touch, rose gold color, improved cameras & Touch ID