Apple Watch to go on sale throughout all US Target outlets by Oct. 25Big-box retailer Target announced on Friday that the Apple Watch will go on sale at "some" U.S. locations this week, eventually coming to all of its stores across the country by Oct. 25.
Shoppers will be able to order the device from Target.com starting on Oct. 18, the company added. This includes 20 models in 38- and 42-millimeter sizes, among them some of the newer styles introduced in September, such as faux rose gold.
Only some models will be available at retail outlets, however. Shoppers will have to go online to get Target's full selection, which will still exclude a number of options, such as the Edition lineup made of real gold.
Apple has been rapidly expanding the number of third-party Watch vendors since August. The process began with Best Buy in Canada and the U.S., but then moved on to other chains and countries like Australia, France, Germany, and the U.K.
At home in the U.S., the Watch is even on sale at carriers T-Mobile and Sprint. The wide rollout is based on Apple's belief that the device will be in strong demand as a gift during the holidays.
On Topic: Target
- Apple Watch goes on sale at Target's US retail & online outlets
- Apple Watch to go on sale throughout all US Target outlets by Oct. 25
- Pei Wei begins taking Apple Pay as Target trials retail beacons for iPhone users
- Target and BestBuy join Apple in cutting iPhone prices ahead of new models
- Target to stop selling Amazon Kindle products in favor of iPad, Nook