This week on AI: To USB-C or not to USB-C, Apple's Hollywood recruiting, massive Amazon outage & more
Rumors this week suggested that Apple's new iPhones will use some form of USB-C technology, and that the company is looking to recruit Hollywood film and TV producers for ends unknown. Legal battles, a huge Amazon outage and more contributed to an eventful few days.
Everything you need to know:
- Apple's new iPhones should support fast charging through USB-C technology — while still using Lightning > >
- The company is recruiting Hollywood producers for big plans > >
- Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway bought $17 billion in Apple shares > >
- An Amazon S3 outage impacted Apple and many other cloud services > >
- Apple may have finally prevailed in its patent fight with Smartflash > >
- A new lawsuit against chip supplier Qualcomm opened in the U.K. > >
- Apple threw its legal weight behind a transgender student arguing for rights to use bathrooms matching his identity > >
For in-depth discussion of this week's hottest stories, listen to the AppleInsider podcast. Subscribe here, or stream the embed below:
A roundup of all of our hottest stories this week:
AppleInsider has affiliate partnerships and may earn commission on products purchased through affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence our editorial content.