In this special episode of the AppleInsider Podcast, Daniel Eran Dilger joins Victor to talk about the June 4 event and what we saw announced: iOS 12, ARKit 2, ScreenTime, WatchOS 5, and macOS Mojave. Daniel breaks away from the event to give his thoughts on what's really important out of all that we saw during the keynote.
- iOS 12: performance, AR, messaging and FaceTime - Dan got some time to make his very own Memeoji
- macOS Mojave: what it means to developers and users to be able to run iOS apps on Mac. Victor comments on how this is actually being accomplished.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- iOS 12 'doubles down' on performance for iPhone and iPad
- Apple's ARKit 2 and USDZ usher in a new era of collaborative augmented reality
- Apple to let developers port iOS apps to Mac, starts with own apps in macOS Mojave
- macOS Mojave brings Dark Mode, enhanced privacy, HomeKit, and more to the Mac
- Apple's iOS 12 introduces personalized 'Memoji' and camera effects
- App Limits in iOS 12 lets users manage device time & parents set allowances
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].