AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Victor and William talk through Apple's latest acquisition and some of the rumors leading into the upcoming Apple event, and Victor speaks with the designer directly responsible for the first iPhone keyboard, Ken Kocienda.
- Apple's confirmed Sept. 12th date for the rumored-iPhone event and the curious idea that it will be live-streamed on Twitter
- The rumored iPhones in question
- Apple's acquisition of Akios, an AR holographic lens company
- Apple's focus on MicroLED technology in Taiwan — Victor connects these two items that are otherwise unconnected.
- After the episode recorded, we saw the leaked images of the rumored-Apple Watch Series 4, and the rumored iPhone Xs.
- Ken Kocienda, author of Creative Selection, Inside Apple's Design Process During the Golden Age of Steve Jobs, and the person responsible for autocorrect, and the iOS keyboard.
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Apple iPhone reveal event expected to stream on Twitter on Sept. 12
- Apple buys AR headset lens maker Akonia Holographics, fuels 'Apple Glasses' rumors
- Apple meets with Taiwanese firms about Mini and Micro LED display tech
- Beyond the iPhone, what to expect from Apple's Sept. 12 'Gather round' special event
- Apple inadvertently leaks images of new 'iPhone XS'
- Apple Watch 'Series 4' leak shows slimmer chassis with larger screen & new watch face
- Creative Selection, Inside Apple's Design Process During the Golden Age of Steve Jobs, by Ken Kocienda, Former Principal Engineer of iPhone Software
- Creative Selection at Amazon
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].