AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, William and Victor talk about Roku, Apple TV+, Disney+ and how Apple may be planning to use its latest patent about Ultra Wideband.
- The Apple TV app comes to Roku — just in time for AppleTV+
- Netflix says everything's fine, nothing to worry about, AppleTV+, Disney+ and HBOMax are just making people quit regular TV faster. Victor isn't sure and William remembers Apple's "Welcome IBM. Seriously."
- Victor sees Apple's launching of new TV shows as being the same as its regular product launches, but William is ex-BBC and counts the ways in which television success is infinitely harder to predict.
- Apple's got a patent application on Ultra Wideband and Victor speculates about possible uses for a technology that knows precisely where your device is and which direction it's pointing
- Chip maker TSMC is reporting stronger than expected demand for its Apple-designed A13 processors. That's got to mean equally good news for iPhone sales.
- Google launched an improved mini speaker, plus a really well-equipped Pixelbook Go.
- FCC approves the T-Mobile Sprint merger. Victor explains how the integration will have to work — and how this is perfect timing for implementing 5G at the same time.
- Apple releases a beta iOS 13.2, with opt-in for anonymized Siri accuracy testing, and plus some interesting camera additions.
- William is excited about Luna Display's new way of using a spare Mac as a second display for your main one.
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Check out our sponsor:
- TailorStore.com - New customers will get their first dress shirt starting at only $39 - that's 50% off regular pricing -PLUS free shipping with the code appleinsider
- The Apple TV app is compatible with these Roku set top boxes
- Netflix says Apple TV+, others to accelerate transition away from traditional TV
- AirDrop & device tracking only the beginning of Ultra Wideband in the iPhone
- Apple A13 supplier TSMC reports stronger than expected smartphone demand
- Nest Wi-Fi, Nest Mini, Pixelbook Go updated during 'Made by Google' event
- FCC approves $26.5 billion T-Mobile and Sprint merger
- Apple releases third developer betas of iOS 13.2, iPadOS 13.2, tvOS 13.2 & fourth watchOS 6.1 build
- Extend your Mac display to another Mac with Luna Display 4.0
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].