Waiting for MacBook Pro, replacing passports with iPhones, and looking forward to Apple TV+ on the AppleInsider Podcast
AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, William and Victor wonder about the no-show Apple October event, and discuss what this means for the new Mac Pro, the new MacBook Pro, and more.
AppleInsider editor Victor Marks and writer William Gallagher discuss:
- Victor wonders whether we'll see MacBook Pro, iPad Pro or Mac Pro before the end of the year, given that Apple doesn't appear to be staging an October event.
- While iOS 13 has been a little rough so far, the fourth betas are here and Victor explains why that's significant
- Morgan Stanley raises AAPL target stock price so at least somebody thinks Apple is on to a winner with its services including Apple TV+
- Nobody's happy AT&T as a weeks-long voicemail outage is affecting iOS and Android users across the US
- Apple Pay now accounts for almost 50% of all mobile payments, which means it has beaten the previous leader, Starbucks
- Apple is seriously pursuing the idea of using iPhone as a form of identity or passport, and Victor and William disagree about what could possibly go wrong
- CNN is taking on Apple News+ with its own new service. The plan is to aggregate CNN's news output along with that of some competitors, but it's going to be hard making that work.
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Check out our sponsors:
- MintMobile - Cut your wireless bill to $15 a month at mintmobile.com/appleinsider and get the plan shipped for free
- MackWeldon - visit mackweldon.com/appleinsider and use the promo code AppleInsider for 20% off your first order.
- Apple releases fourth betas for iOS 13.2, iPadOS 13.2, tvOS 13.2, fifth watchOS 6.1
- Apple TV+ & iPhone 5G will drive AAPL to $289+ a share, says Morgan Stanley
- iPhone owners across US impacted by weeks-long AT&T voicemail outage
- Apple Pay overtakes Starbucks for in-store mobile payments
- Apple working on ways to securely present government ID from an iPhone or Apple Car
- CNN to compete with Apple News+ via own news subscription service
Follow our hosts on Twitter: @wgallagher and @vmarks.
Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].