AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Victor and William talk about Apple's view of privacy, and can't resist mentioning Facebook in contrast. William is looking forward to 5G, but can't shake the feeling that Victor is trying to sell him an iPhone 11.
- How last week's mention of accessibility problems has prompted debate with listeners
- We've heard rumors of the iPhone getting 5G in 2020, but now Qualcomm's CFO has made it almost official by alluding to it in financial statements
- Also following last week's discussions, William has bought a pair of AirPods Pro and wants to tell you that it's true, they are superb.
- Apple's Health app now includes medical records for VA users
- Apple has also revamped its Privacy website and we trace back how long Apple has been championing privacy, which turns out to be somewhat longer than Facebook has.
- Each year we look to see what's new in the Apple Watch, but in future, it might be less the Watch itself and more the bands, the straps, where we'll see innovative new technology.
- How many iPhone SE2 sales could there be? Given that Apple hasn't even admitted it's making one, still there are estimates that it will sell between 20 and 30 million.
- When it comes to quality, Apple TV+ is the best — it has the highest bitrate of streaming 4K of all the services
- More shows are coming to Apple TV+ and one, Hala, is briefly debuting in theaters first
- HomePass is one favorite app that we mention this week. You can use it to gather all HomeKit codes in one place and keep a record of them.
- And ZippyCal gives a different view of your daily calendar. It's an unusual 12 hour view of the whole day.
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Check out our sponsors:
- MasterClass - Get unlimited access to every MasterClass, and as an AppleInsider Podcast listener, you get 15% off the Annual All-Access Pass! Go to MasterClass.com/appleinsider for 15% off MasterClass.
- ExpressVPN - If you want the best in online security and privacy protection, head over to expressvpn.com/appleinsider for 3 extra months free with a 1-year package! Protect your internet today with the VPN we trust to keep our data safe.
Apps mentioned in the show:
- HomePass - HomePass allows you to get rid of that old notebook and store your HomeKit device's codes right on your iPhone or iPad.
- ZippyCal - Zippycal is a fun, practical and easy to use calendar app with a difference. Each days events are presented against a familiar clock face, so you can see at a glance how your time is looking. Add an event by simply dragging your finger around the clock face.
- Qualcomm hints 5G iPhone coming in 2020, analysts say
- Apple Health Records now available to veterans across the US
- Apple's new privacy page hammers home long-time focus
- Apple looking to make Watch bands with wireless antennas
- 'iPhone SE 2' could sell up to 30M units in 2020, says Ming-Chi Kuo
- Apple TV+ boasts highest bitrate of any 4K streaming service, report says
- Apple film 'Hala' trailer posted to Twitter
- Full-length 'Servant' trailer hints at thriller storyline for Nov. 28 release
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].