Apple TV+ Servant, Morning Show haters, and the Mac Pro factory on the AppleInsider Podcast
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Victor and William discuss Apple TV+'s forthcoming show "Servant" by M. Night Shyamalan, whether critics are Apple haters for hating on the morning show, and Apple's expansion in Austin.
- You may have noticed that the MacBook Pro 16 is out. While Victor and William both enthuse about it, what we really want to know is what you think of the Touch Bar. The MacBook Pro has a good keyboard, and it's restored the physical Escape key, let's reexamine the Touch Bar. Let us know what you use it for.
- M. Night Shyamalan has produced a new Apple TV+ show called Servant and we've seen it. Servant is every bit as creepy as you expect — and it's as good as you hope, too.
- The executive producers of "The Morning Show" say their early bad reviews were more criticisms of Apple than of their drama. They have a point, but that show's pilot episode was rocky. Should you give every show a second chance or is there just too much to watch anyway?
- The Mac Pro facility that made the trash can Mac Pro has been converted over to make the new model, and it cost Apple a lot. The company has spent $200 Million went into it, and has 500 employees working across 5 acres.
- But this isn't all that Apple's doing or spending in Austin: this week Apple also broke ground on a new campus.
- Also this week, Apple revealed its new Apple Music for Business. Stores, restaurants and more can subscribe to get customized music playlists — and to help musicians get more fairly compensated.
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Check out our sponsors:
- Capterra - With over 1 million reviews of products from real software users, discover everything you need to make an informed decision. Capterra: software selection simplified.
- ATTO - Content creators with High-Def, 4-K and 8-K workflows need a reliable, high-performance network solution. Stock connectivity will not do, not even on the new Mac Pro. ATTO Thunderbolt and host bus adapters are designed for low-latency collaboration - eliminating bottlenecks and supporting multiple media streams. Find out more at ATTO.com.
- Apple TV+ Review: M. Night Shyamalan-produced 'Servant' is a creepy delight
- Initial 'The Morning Show' reviews were 'attack on Apple,' executive producers say
- Apple's $200M Mac Pro facility employs 500 across 5 acres
- Apple begins construction of new campus in Austin, Texas
- Apple Music for Business aims to power playlists at retail stores
- Tim Cook talks Apple values, Steve Jobs, more at Salesforce conference
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].
AppleInsider has affiliate partnerships and may earn commission on products purchased through affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence our editorial content.