On Thursday, DJI announced DJI Osmo Mobile 6, a handheld stabilizer that works for smartphones and works in tandem with the iPhone 14's Action Mode.
The iPhone 14 lineup received Action Mode, a software feature that stabilizes videos, but sometimes hardware such as the Osmo Mobile 6 is better for specific uses. Osmo Mobile 6 features 3-axis stabilization, a new Quick Launch feature, and ActiveTrack 5.0.
DJI's Mimo app and a recommended app called LightCut are both available for video editing. LightCut includes AI-powered one-tap editing and video templates.
Quick Launch is a feature for iPhones that automatically triggers the Mimo app to open the camera instantly. DJI says this gets the device ready for action three times faster than previous models.
ActiveTrack 5.0 offers more stable tracking at longer distances and lets a phone's front camera track subjects that quickly move around, turning to the side or spinning. It automatically keeps the subject at the center of attention.
Four gimbal modes
- Follow: The camera view follows the gimbal's pan and tilt movements and stays level during rolls. This mode is great for shooting up, down, and diagonally.
- Tilt Lock: The camera view only follows the gimbal's pan movement and stays stable during tilts and rolls — ideal for shooting horizontally or moving around a subject.
- FPV: In FPV mode, all three axes of the gimbal follow the movement of the handle. This mode works best for still subjects.
- SpinShot: Push the joystick to the left or right to control the rotation of the camera view and create dynamic footage. This mode is good for shooting push, pull, and high-angle shots.
- Timelapse: Warp time and space with Timelapse, Motionlapse and Hyperlapse to blend moments together.
- DynamicZoom: Use Move In and Move Out modes to get stretching and compressing visual effects.
- Gesture Control: Simple gestures make taking a selfie or a group photo easy.
- Panorama: Three different panorama modes - 3x3, 240, and CloneMe - are available to help capture landscapes or create compositions.
- Story Mode: Various templates help to combine camera movements, transitions, soundtracks and more.