Apple Arcade is Apple's video game subscription service that offers a "play all you want" model for a recurring fee of $4.99 a month. Designed to circumvent many of the problems of modern mobile games, Apple Arcade has been well received and features a game catalog of over 200 titles.
● Available on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
● "Play all you want" subscription model
● Titles are exclusive to Apple Arcade
● $4.99 per month
● Subscriptions can be shared via Family Sharing
● No IAP, no advertisements
● Over 200 games available
● Available in over 150 countries
● Wide selection of genres
Page last updated:
Get Apple News Directly in Your Inbox
Announced in March 2019, Apple Arcade was touted as a "Netflix for games" that would give users the ability to play as many games as they wanted for a monthly subscription fee. Apple had said that over 100 games would be available at launch.
In September 2019, Apple Arcade was released to the general public and was well received. Noteworthy launch developers and publishers included Capcom, Sega, Square Enix, The Lego Group, and Konami.
Two years after it was announced, Apple Arcade has seen little fanfare or must-haves. Apple added new categories and over 30 titles to Apple Arcade in April 2021 to attract more customers. There are three categories total — Apple Arcade Originals, Timeless Classics, and App Store Greats.
Apple Arcade App Store Greats
|Game Title||Description||Age Rating||Release Date|
|In "Thumper: Pocket Edition+" you are a space beetle facing off against a maniacal giant head. This aggressive rhythm game can be played with one hand in portrait or landscape.||9+||Coming Soon|
|"Crossy Road+" pays homage to the classic "Frogger" games with its wacky traffic dodging mayhem. Choose one of many blocky animal sprites and hop your way to a high score.||4+||Coming Soon|
|"Layton's Mystery Journey+" is a sequel to the mystery series that celebrates its 10th anniversary. Play as Katrielle Layton as she solves puzzles in order to unravel the mystery surrounding her missing father, Professor Layton himself!||4+||September 3, 2021|
|"Asphalt 8: Airborne+" is an arcade-style racing game with fast cars and crazy stunts. Access over 240 officially licensed vehicles from Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, and more! Play through the career or compete online against other players.||12+||August 27, 2021|
|"DoDonPachi Resurrection HD+" is a bullet hell classic with multiple game modes. Battle through hoards of enemies and unlock upgrades as you defeat each boss.||4+||August 26, 2021|
|"Monster Hunter Stories+" is an action RPG set in the world of Monster Hunter. Collect monsters and tame them to become powerful allies. This version features the same story mode as the console game, and Network Battles are also possible.||4+||August 6, 2021|
|"Super Stickman Golf 3+" brings the classic game back with all premium features and content unlocked. The 2D golf game features many courses with power ups, game modes, and multiplayer matches.||4+||August 6, 2021|
|"Jetpack Joyride+" is an endless runner with one touch controls. Tap to go up, let go to go down. Navigate the levels with different costumes and vehicles and try to win every achievement.||9+||July 23, 2021|
|"Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector+" is a simple idle game where cats show up depending on what you place in your yard. Attract over 40 kinds of cats using different toys, food, or objects.||4+||July 23, 2021|
|"Game Dev Story+" is a simulation game where players manage their own game development studio. Hire new team members and hone their skills as you build games for the latest game platform.||4+||June 17, 2021|
|"Inks.+" is a colorful pinball game that creates art as you bounce the pinball around the stage. There are over 100 tables to play as you create unique works of art that represent your journey through each level.||4+||June 25, 2021|
|"Leo's Fortune+" is a platform adventure game that uses handcrafted levels for a unique design. Survive 24 physics-based levels as you uncover the truth behind Leo's stolen fortune.||9+||June 25, 2021|
|"Badland+" is a side-scrolling platformer that takes place within a forest over 100 unique levels. Play as one of the forest creatures and find out what's amiss in this otherwise beautiful world.||9+||April 2, 2021|
|"Blek+" is a puzzle game where players draw a shape that moves through the level to collect colors. The repeating pattern must collect the colors without touching any black holes.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Chameleon Run+" is an infinite runner that uses run, jump, and switch mechanics to navigate a colorful world. This physics-based runner uses easy controls to navigate increasingly difficult levels.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Don't Starve: Pocket Edition+" tells the story of a scientist who has been transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Navigate the world's inhabitants and exploit the environment as you look for a way back home.||9+||April 2, 2021|
|"Fruit Ninja Classic+" is one of the original App Store hits with simple but addicting gameplay. Slice fruit, not bombs while maintaining a combo.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Mini Metro+" is a simulation game about designing a subway map in a growing city. Keep the metro moving at maximum efficiency with each new station.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Monument Valley+" blends art with game as players navigate a beautiful world. Each puzzle can be solved using optical illusions as you help the silent protagonist to their goal.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Reigns+" brings a familiar swiping mechanic to royal decision making. Rule as the monarch of the modern age and make decisions that will shape the future of the kingdom and your family.||12+||April 2, 2021|
|"The Room Two+" is a 3D puzzle game where solving a puzzle unlocks the next chapter in a greater mystery. Manipulate physical objects to find clues as you find the truth.||9+||April 2, 2021|
|"Threes!+" is a tiny numbers matching game with a cute design and increasingly challenging levels.||4+||April 2, 2021|
Apple Arcade Timeless Classics
The Apple Arcade Timeless Classics collection is full of games that became popular well before the computer age. Play these card games, board games, and puzzles without the mess and cleanup with some new twists.
|Game Title||Description||Age Rating||Release Date|
|"Backgammon" is a board game that dates back about 5,000 years. Each player has 15 checkers of a different color that move in opposite directions. Roll a die, move the piece, and first to get all pieces around the board wins.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Checkers Royal+" is a simple checkers game with various customization options and multiplayer modes. Play against your friends or an AI with 5 levels of difficulty.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Chess - Play & Learn+" is the classic chess game with online play and adaptive bots. Learn how to play with hints and bots who play a little weaker when you are behind.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Flipflop Solitaire+" takes the classic game and flips it on its head. Cards can be stacked counting up or down, but stacks can only be moved if they have a single suit.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Good Sudoku+" lets you play Sudoku at any level and improve your skill as you go. Participate in three daily puzzle modes that get harder throughout the week. With over 70,000 high-quality puzzles, you'll never run out.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Mahjong Titan+" is a digital version of the popular board game. The Apple Arcade version has over 2,000 boards unlocked from the start, no in-app purchase required.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Really Bad Chess+" is just like regular chess, but with completely random pieces. Start a game with four knights, a bishop, and three queens while all the piece rules remain the same. Challenge your understanding of the game with this crazy take on chess.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Solitaire by MobilityWare+" is brought to Apple Arcade by the original developers of Solitaire free for iPad and iPhone. This version has daily challenges, customization options, and unlimited hints.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"SpellTower+" is a wordfinder crossed with reverse "Tetris." Find words in the puzzle as new lines rise from the bottom. Match faster than the level can rise or it's game over.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Sudoku Simple+" is a colorful version of sudoku that aims to teach users with different grid sizes and difficulties. The colored tiles help keep you focused and avoids the stark contrast of a black and white game.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Tiny Crossword+" brings the fan-favorite trivia game to digital. There are thousands of puzzles to choose from and a new puzzle is added every day.||4+||April 2, 2021|
2021 Apple Arcade Originals
Apple Arcade started as a place where new original games could be played without ads or in-app purchases. These originals are mobile-exclusives and showcase the best that developers have to offer on the App Store.
|Game Title||Description||Age Rating||Release Date|
|"Lego Star Wars Battles" is a real-time strategy game set in the greater "Lego Star Wars" universe. Create an army of light or dark and participate in battles across every era of "Star Wars."||9+||Coming Soon|
|"Temple Run: Puzzle Adventure" is a match-3 puzzle game themed around exploration and archeology. Overcome obstacles on your adventure by completing puzzles and unlocking new tools.||4+||Coming Soon|
|"Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls" is a brand-new game for the franchise with classic sound and visuals. Set in a world after Dracula has been sealed away, find out what new story awaits Alucard.||9+||Coming Soon|
|"Zookeeper World" is a match-3 puzzle game where players manage a zoo. Complete puzzles to unlock rewards that make your zoo more popular.||4+||Coming Soon|
|"Zen Pinball Party" features twelve carefully crafted pinball tables based on DreamWorks properties, My Little Pony, and more. Additional tables will be added over time, and all extra content is included with Apple Arcade.||9+||September 3, 2021|
|"MasterChef: Let's Cook" is a cooking game that relies upon mini-games to get through each recipe. Choose ingredients, prepare, then serve dishes that will be judged by the MasterChef jury.||4+||September 3, 2021|
|"Baldo: The Guardian Owls" is an action adventure game inspired by the Legend of Zelda franchise. Play as Baldo and explore an open world full of puzzles, quests, and battles.||9+||August 27, 2021|
|"Tetris Beat" mixes classic "Tetris" gameplay with a rhythmic beat. Rotate and drop pieces to the beat and keep the rhythm to build a combo chain. Play in Marathon Mode for a traditional version of the game.||4+||August 20, 2021|
|"wurdweb" is sort of a reverse crossword puzzle. Grab words from a list and cross them with other words found on the board. Puzzles are infinite, but alternate game modes add specific rules for winning.||4+||August 13, 2021|
|"Super Leap Day" is a one button platformer with a new level introduced every day. Each contestant in the game has different abilities to help beat each level in different ways.||4+||August 6, 2021|
|"Detonation Racing" is an arcade racer with weapons and dangerous environmental effects that take out other drivers. Play the career mode or online against other players. Use the destructive environment to your advantage as you unlock new routes and defeat other racers.||9+||July 30, 2021|
"Alto's Odyssey: The Lost City" is an expansion on the original game with a new biome mixed into the classic gameplay elements. Grind, bounce, glide, and jump across each level as you gain coins to buy new items.
|4+||July 16, 2021|
|"Doodle God Universe" is a puzzle and world building game. Mix and match the four elements of air, water, fire, and earth to create new elements and make your planet come alive.||4+||July 16, 2021|
|"Angry Birds Reloaded" is a new version of the classic game with visual enhancements and new characters. The original game is expanded with characters from the movie universe, each with unique powers to complete levels in new ways.||4+||July 16, 2021|
|"Ultimate Rivals: The Court" features athletes from the NHL, NBA, WNBA, MLB, and NFL. Players choose their favorite athletes to compete in a futuristic game of basketball utilizing special moves. Even WWE Superstars will join the roster with unique moves for your team.||4+||July 9, 2021|
|"Solitaire Stories" is a collection of different stories with unique themes for each. The deck design, gameplay environment, and soundtrack change depending on the story you have selected. Skip the story with Quick Play and get right to the Solitaire action.||9+||July 2, 2021|
|"Frenzic: Overtime" is an arcade-style puzzle game with pick up and play mechanics. Play through over 45 levels as you uncover the secrets of Frenzic Industries and save the world.||4+||June 18, 2021|
|"Legends of Kingdom Rush" is a turn-based strategy RPG with rougelike elements. Lead a party of heroes to stop an evil menace threatening the realm.||9+||June 11, 2021|
|"Clap Hanz Golf" is a golfing game with team gameplay. Choose the ultimate team of golfers then change characters with each hole. Play in new and classic golf modes in levels set around the world.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Cut the Rope Remastered" is a 3D version of the classic iOS game. Cut ropes, avoid obstacles, and feed Om Nom candy. This version has new levels and a new character — Nibble Nom.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"NBA 2K21 Arcade Edition" is the mobile version of the popular basketball game franchise. Play online multiplayer, single player mode, or start a career. This version is complete with an updated 2021 roster.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Simon's Cat - Story Time" is a match-3 puzzle game set in a world based on the animated series. Help neighbors revitalize the landscape of a nearby wasteland to prevent construction of a new building.||April 2, 2021|
|"SongPop Party" is a music trivia game where players guess the song that is playing. There are hundreds of thousands of unlockable songs organized by genre, artists, decade, and topics. Play locally or online.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"Star Trek: Legends" lets players take control of their favorite "Star Trek" heroes with team-based RPG elements. Warp into the Nexus and recruit over 40 characters from across every franchise.||9+||April 2, 2021|
|"Taiko No Tatsujin Pop Tap Beat" is a traditional Japanese rhythm game. Tap the notes in sync to the rhythm to get a high score. Unlock new costumes and play against your friends online.||4+||April 2, 2021|
|"The Oregon Trail" is a new version of the classic hit. Pick your party, supply your wagon, and brave the dangers of the wild on your journey to Oregon.||12+||April 2, 2021|
|"World of Demons" is an action RPG set in ancient Japan where players will fight against demon "oni." The world is animated to simulate ancient Japanese artwork and stages are pulled from ukiyo-e woodblock prints.||12+||April 2, 2021|
|"Fantasian" is a new RPG brought to you by the creator of "Final Fantasy" and industry legend Hironobu Sakaguchi. The story revolves around a character who has lost his memory in a world ruled by machines.||12+||April 2, 2021|
|"Wonderbox" is an action adventure game set within dioramas filled with puzzles, platforming, and enemies. You can follow a narrative adventure or create your own in creator mode, then publish what you've built for others to play. Each "Box" is connected so you can intertwine the mini-adventures into a much larger one.||9+||April 2, 2021|
|"Hitchhiker" is a mystery game where you hitch rides with various people along a highway. Each person has a story to tell and will feed into the overall narritive of tracking the disappearance of a person close to you.||12+||March 26, 2021|
|"Farm It!" is a simple farming simulator full of mini games that reward players with resources to sell and decorations for the farm. You'll complete challenges in farming or fishing alongside a cute animal companion as you decorate your farm.||4+||March 26, 2021|
|"Cozy Grove" is a life-sim where you play as a Spirit Scout camping on a haunted island. You'll uncover secrets, soothe local ghosts, and bring color back to Cozy Grove.||12+||March 19, 2021|
|"Sp!ng" is a puzzle game with a single touch control. The levels are fun to navigate with increasing difficulty and hard-to-master gameplay. Unlock more characters and level skins as you go.||4+||March 5, 2021|
|"Survival Z" is a post apocalyptic twin stick shooter. This game has randomly generated routes for added rougelike gameplay and infinite replayability.||9+||February 19, 2021|
|'Lumen" is a puzzle game where you guide beams of light through a stage. Use lights, lenses, and mirrors to solve each puzzle.||4+||February 5, 2021|
|"Populus Run" lets you control a crowd of people as you navigate obstacles made of your worst enemy, food. This silly take on the infinite runner genre will give you some laughs as you navigate the challenging levels.||9+||January 29, 2021|
|"Nuts" puts you in the shoes of a field researcher hoping to examine the daily activities of squirrels. This first-person adventure has a unique design with vibrant duotone color scapes and an eclectic soundtrack.||9+||January 22, 2021|
|"Spire Blast" is a classic match game with 3D graphics. Collapse towers to help feed your hungry dragon companion.||4+||January 22, 2021|
|"Oceanhorn: Chronos Dungeon" is a return to the Oceanhorn universe set 200 years after Oceanhorn 2. The four player dungeon crawler is inspired by 16-bit era games with modern twists like rougelike randomization. Journey to the bottom of the Chronos Dungeon and attempt to alter time itself.||9+||January 8, 2021|
2020 Apple Arcade releases
|Game Title||Description||Age Rating||Release Date|
|Set out on a journey as "Alba," a young girl trying to save her island and its wildlife. Explore the island, photograph and catalog the wildlife, and recruit locals to your cause as you try to clean up and save the island.||4+||December 11, 2020|
|"Zombie Rollerz: Pinball Heroes" is a pinball game with roguelike gameplay and tower defense elements. Each time you play the level is uniquely generated making multiple play-throughs feel fresh as you collect new characters.||9+||December 4, 2020|
|"Warp Drive" is the latest game to take on anti-gravity racing. This arcade racer places you in a Quad-rotor Racer that can teleport, boost, and battle across each stage.||4+||November 27, 2020|
|From Annapurna Games, "The Pathless" is an open world game that takes players through a wide variety of environments. Playing as the Hunter, gamers join forces with a trusty eagle companion to solve puzzles, uncover secrets and fight foes via a powerful archery system. The goal is to restore light to the mysterious island.||9+||November 12, 2020|
|"All of You" is a puzzle adventure built around cute visuals. Tap parts of the puzzle to freeze time and create a path for a lost chicken to traverse in its journey to find its chicks.||9+||November 6, 2020|
|The fourth title in the Reigns series, "Reigns: Beyond" puts players in charge of an intergalactic indie rock band seeking fame and fortune. Part resource management game, players must navigate the universe, fight enemiesthrough card-based gameplay.||12+||November 6, 2020|
|"South of the Circle" is a narrative adventure set in Antarctica 1964. After a plane crash, Peter must try to survive the dangers of the arctic while battling his inner demons. The story revolves around his relationship with his colleague Clara and events of the Cold War.||12+||October 30, 2020|
|"The Collage Atlas" is a hand-drawn picture-book dream-world. Explore this piece of art and experience the unique soundtrack that responds to your play. Your interactions cause forests to grow and buildings to rise in this introspective game.||4+||October 16, 2020|
|"The Survivalists" is a sandbox exploration game with building elements, item gathering, and combat. After being stranded on an island, you tame some monkeys to help you survive. Craft, explore, and survive in this cute island adventure.||9+||October 9, 2020|
|"Slash Quest" is the story of a talking sword that grows when it defeats enemies. The wielder is only along for the ride as the sword pulls them in the right direction. You hold down a button to spin and aim the sword using an analog stick. As you cut down enemies the sword grows, which allows you to overcome obstacles.||12+||October 2, 2020|
|Dungeon crawling adventure. "Marble Knights" is a pun-filled action-adventure you can play with up to three other players. User orb-based powers in the Kingdom of Roundingham and defeat the evil Lord Terroball.||9+||September 18, 2020|
|A puzzle adventure. The whimsical "A Monster's Expedition" takes players on a journey across many islands as a creature trying to understand the mythical humans of the past. Uncover human history from the perspective of a monster while doing increasingly complex puzzles.||4+||September 20, 2020|
|Side-scrolling adventure. "World's End Club" tells the story of twelve kids who are in an accident and wake up in an underwater amusement park. They must fight against each other and time to win a horrific challenge and escape with their life. This anime-like adventure plays out with puzzles and logic where your decisions will shape the children's fate.||12+||September 4, 2020|
|Puzzle adventure. "The Last Campfire" tells the story of a lost being called an Ember. Journey through beautiful worlds and solve puzzles while you save those who have lost their ember and become forlorn.||9+||August 27, 2020|
|A third-person action adventure. "Samurai Jack Battle Through Time" features a story set before the series finale and follows Jack to his final battle with the evil Aku. Master multiple weapons for combat and explore multiple worlds from the animated series. The original voice cast reprises their roles for this game.||12+||August 21, 2020|
|A point and click space adventure. "Next Stop Nowhere" places you in the shoes of Beckett, a courier who was delivering a package to the moon. Follow his story as he gets caught up in trying to help a criminal save her son.||12+||August 14, 2020|
|A real-time idle game from Devolver Digital. "Game of Thrones: Tales of Crows" tells the untold stories of the Night Watch as you control the decisions of Lord Commanders. Time passes even when you are not playing, and the game will have new information waiting on you each time you check in.||12+||August 7, 2020|
|"The Lullaby of Life" is a puzzle adventure with no text and relaxing audio. The music plays a part in solving puzzles while you discover new life forms on your journey.||4+||July 24, 2020|
|"Necrobarista" is an interactive novel about a bar between two planes of existence: the living and the dead. Play through the world in first person as you learn about the inhabitants and see the story unfold with interesting cell-shaded graphics reminiscent of a graphic novel or manga. As you click through conversations you can click on highlighted words to see definitions in a unique piece of gameplay.||12+||July 17, 2020|
|"Creaks" is a storytelling platform/puzzle game with hand-drawn visuals and an original musical score.||9+||July 10, 2020|
|"Beyond a Steel Sky" is a futuristic sci-if world where AI and technology run society. This 3D adventure game is a long awaited sequel to "Beneath a Steel Sky" with new graphical style and art made by Dave Gibbons who drew the "Watchmen" comics.||12+||June 25, 2020|
|"Little Orpheus" is a side-scrolling adventure where you play as a Soviet Cosmonaut exploring the center of the earth.||4+||June 12, 2020|
|"SpongeBob: Patty Pursuit" is a side-scrolling platform running game in which players take on the role of Sponge Bob. Other characters from the show's universe also feature.||4+||May 28, 2020|
|"Towers of Everland" is an action RPG where you battle endless enemies in randomly generated towers. Gather new armor, go on quests, and restore the Great City.||9+||May 22, 2020|
|"Winding Worlds" is a puzzle adventure game where Willow must help different people on different worlds. This game is designed to be a meditative experience with relaxing music and artwork.||9+||May 15, 2020|
|"The_Otherside" is a turn-based strategy RPG set in a strange town full of shadowy characters. Play as four survivors out to push back the shadowy threat. Turns are taken with dice and played as if it were a board game in this interesting take on the genre.||12+||May 8, 2020|
|"Neversong" is a story-driven platformer set in the eerie landscape of a dreamlike world called the Neverwood. Peet awakens to find his girlfriend is missing, and it is up to you to navigate the world and find out what happened.||9+||May 1, 2020|
|"A Fold Apart" by Lightning Rod Games is a charming narrative-driven puzzle game that explores the emotional complexities of long-distance relationships.||4+||April 17, 2020|
|"Beyond Blue" by E-Line Media is a narrative-driven exploration game that takes the player into the depths of our ocean. Interact with the ocean in a personal way using groundbreaking technology to see, hear, and discover the ocean's mysteries.||4+||April 17, 2020|
|"Scrappers" is a four-player beat-em-up set in a futuristic city. Clean up the town and take down anyone who gets in your way. Rival teams will attempt to stop you on your route, so fight with teamwork to finish the job.||9+||April 10, 2020|
|"Legend of the Skyfish 2" is an action-adventure game. Use your Combat Fishing Pole to traverse levels, complete puzzles, and fight monsters, as you explore the world and continue the story 100 years after the first game.||9+||April 3, 2020|
|"Spyder" is a 3D platforming puzzler. You play as a tiny robot spider and attempt to solve puzzles in large 3D environments in this shrunk down adventure.||4+||March 20, 2020|
|A sports arcade game. Choose between high diving, swimming, cycling, basketball, baseball, football, weightlifting, skateboarding, and Alpine skiing with simple controls and cartoony graphics. "Big Time Sports" is a fun homage to classic sports arcade games.||4+||March 13, 2020|
|A platforming adventure, "Way of the Turtle" has smooth controls and a cute story of reuniting two lost turtles on a magical island. Jump, dash, and collect your way through the increasingly complex levels of this game.||4+||March 13, 2020|
|"Roundguard" by Wonderbelly is a bouncy dungeon crawler with pinball physics, lots of loot, and a randomized castle full of oddballs. Players are pit against dangerously cute monsters and challenging roguelike elements.||9+||March 13, 2020|
|"Crossy Road Castle" by Hipster Whale is an endless tower-style platformer that encourages players to work together to reach new heights. The levels are procedurally generated and offer different gameplay each time you start a new game.||4+||February 27, 2020|
|"Loud House: Outta Control" by Nickelodeon is a strategy-arcade title that encourages you to help the characters of the titular series achieve their goals while avoiding sibling rivalry fights.||4+||February 14, 2020|
|"Charrua Soccer" by Batovi is a retro-3D soccer title that features three modes: friendly match, competitions, and penalty match. Players have the option to choose player versus computer as well as player versus player.||4+||February 7, 2020|
|"Secret Oops!" by MixedBag is a local multiplayer cooperative augmented reality game, featuring unique gameplay that allows up to four players to play on the same AR game board. Players are tasked with keeping Charles, the "world's dumbest spy," alive in a game that relies heavily on coordination and communication.||4+||January 31, 2020|
|"Butter Royale" by Mighty Bear Games is a top-down twin-stick shooter that lets up to 31 players battle to the last one standing. Choose from a cast of over 50 characters and knock out your opponents, with food! Family-friendly with no in-game chat, no in-app-purchases, and offline play.||9+||January 24, 2020|
|"Kings of the Castle" by Frosty Pop is a first-person platformer meets infinite runner. Playing as the Princess you have to navigate through the level quickly and save the prince!||4+||January 18, 2020|
|"No Way Home" by SMG studio is a space survival soiree in which you are stranded in a strange galaxy. It's primarily a sci-fi role-playing game heavy shooter elements. It boasts a procedural universe for unlimited replayability, over 60 unique enemies to battle, and more than 50 weapons to discover, craft, and upgrade.||9+||January 10, 2020|
|"Doomsday Vault" by Flightless is a 3D puzzle game set in a post-climate collapse Earth. Collect precious plant life and return it to the safety of the vault, and learn about the plants along the way.||4+||January 3, 2020|
2019 Apple Arcade releases
Released December 2019
- LEGO Builder's Journey by LEGO lets you navigate a world using the LEGO bricks around you, and offers the unique twist of allowing players to break the rules. With its beautiful soundtrack, this puzzler is a relaxing and fun time.
- Ultimate Rivals: The Rink by Bit Fy Game Studios is the first game released in the "Ultimate Rivals" series. This fast-paced hockey game lets you choose to play as popular athletes from many sports franchises like the NBA, NFL, WNBA, NHL, and MLB. Announced during the 2019 Game Awards.
Released November 2019
- Unleash the Light by Cartoon Network is an original Cartoon Network game, co-written by show-creator Rebecca Sugar. Players will pick their favorite characters, choose which Gems are in their party, and unlock new abilities and costumes in this mobile RPG.
- Rosie's Reality is an all-ages puzzle game that features a shy, yet friendly robot. It's Rosie's job to rescue all the misbehaving, malfunctioning, and exploding robot assistants by building Rosie a path throughout the level.
- Sociable Soccer by Rogue Games is a cross-platform soccer game where players can collect 25,000 upgradable player cards from 1,000 International teams to create their own team. The game features a 60-hour campaign mode, as well as ad-hoc friendly matches.
- Discolored from Shifty Eye is a puzzle adventure in a single desolate location, where players have to solve puzzles to uncover clues about the abandoned roadside diner and its loss of color.
- Guildlings by Sivro Studios is an episodic adventure that follows friends on a quest that uses a magical phone. Featuring turn-based combat, the game also uses a text message-inspired chat system for conversations and offering choices, while players explore hand-crafted low-poly environments.
- Marble it up: Mayhem is a marble-racing game follow-up to Marble it Up! and Marble Blast. Players can hunt gems and collect hidden trophies as they traverse their marble through precarious levels.
- Takeshi & Hiroshi is a role-playing game featuring brothers, where Takeshi is creating a game for little brother Hiroshi. Takeshi has to play some of the roles of monsters to entertain Hiroshi, to give him challenges and to continue enjoying the game, but without him losing.
- UFO on Tape: First Contact from Revolutionary Concepts is a sequel to the 2010 game of the same name, but this time offering augmented reality gameplay. Players have to hunt UFOs arriving on Earth as part of an invasion.
- Jumper Jon by Ogre Pixel is a 30-second Metroidvania-style platforming adventure. Players will take on the role of a tiny devil named Jon, who searches Hell for a girl named Jane. Together, the two will discover what has caused an upset in the balance between good and evil on Earth.
- Monomals by Picomy combines fishing with music in this family-friendly music-maker. Monomals features 21 different levels full of hazards and challenges, where players will fish up the titular creatures to be used in music creation.
- Star Fetched by Crescent Moon Games has players exploring alien worlds in this sci-fi platformer that combines side-scrolling action with elements of RPG, exploration, and tower-defense.
- Super Mega Mini Party by Red Games is a hyper-casual multiplayer mini-game designed to be played with local friends or players across the globe. Eight mini-games pit players against each other in a quest for glory.
- The Mosaic by Raw Fury and Krillbite Studio is a surreal, atmospheric adventure game about urban isolation. Your character moves through the day, devoid of meaning and purpose. One day, strange things start to happen, causing you to question everything you've ever known.
- Fallen Knight by FairPlay Studios is a side-scrolling, futuristic platformer that has players taking on the role of Sir Lancelot. Defend your city, hack-and-slash bad guys, undertake intense boss battles, and decide whether your opponents live or die in this action-heavy game.
- Hogwash by Bossa Studios (I Am Bread, Surgeon Simulator) is a three-on-one multiplayer game that pits people against pigs. Players can choose to play as a pig or a farmhand. The pig's goal is to spread as much mud across the farm as possible, while the farmhands struggle to keep it clean. Features both single-player and multiplayer modes.
- Lifelike: Chapter One by Kunabi Brother is a particle simulator designed to soothe and mesmerize. Interact with the friendly inhabitants to observe swarm behavior and enjoy relaxing music in this digital toy.
- Tales of Memo by Tenday's Studio is a memory-based puzzler that follows Memo on his quest to save his home.
- Yaga the Roleplaying Folktale by Versus Evil encourages players to smash, clobber, and bash legends of Slavic mythology in a comedically dark action RPG. Players take on the role of Ivan, a one-handed blacksmith who must complete impossible tasks given to him by the tzar.
Released October 2019
- Pac-Man Party Royale from Banai Namco is a reimagining of the classic arcade game, featuring a four-player Battle Mode where fallen players can return as ghosts and try to regain their life by consuming another active player.
- Manifold Garden by William Chyr Studio is a puzzle game that plays with gravity, with the manipulation used to change the user's perspective as they explore "infinitely-repeating Escheresque architecture."
- Ballistic Baseball is a real-time PvP title from Gameloft, where players must deliver the perfect pitch and swing to win. Along with online multiplayer, there is seamless crossplay between iOS, tvOS, and macOS.
- Things That Go Bump by Tinybop is a side-scroller for up to four players where creatures can be created to take on other spirits within a house. More levels are promised throughout the year, with new areas introduced roughly every two months.
- Decoherence by Efecto Estudios requires players to construct robots— the better you build, the better your chances of winning. This game offers both multiplayer and single-player modes.
- INMOST by Chucklefish is an atmospheric, story-driven puzzle platformer following three playable characters within one interconnecting story. It won 'Best Indie Game' at the Minsk Dev Gamm Awards.
- Mind Symphony by Rogue Games is a rhythm game designed to help players unwind, with two different modes offering different styles of play. Release mode is closely related to the shmup genre, where enemy attacks are timed to the music and become more intense as the players progress. Calm mode requires players to time their moves to the beat. Features integration with Apple Music.
- ShockRods by Stainless Games combines the fun of driving cars with various forms of popular game genres. It features deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, ShockBall — which is similar to basketball, and a few other modes.
- Stela by SkyBox Labs follows a young woman as she witnesses the final days of a mysterious world. Players will have to solve elaborate puzzles and avoid dangerous creatures among treacherous terrain in this atmospheric platformer.
- The Bradwell Conspiracy published by Bossa Studios, publishers of Thomas Was Alone, I Am Bread, and Surgeon Simulator. It's a highly-stylized, narrative-driven first-person experience. Players will have to solve innovative puzzles and uncover secrets on the hunt for truth.
- Nightmare Farm by Hit-Point Co. is a collection-based game that encourages engagement with the characters by tending to the titular farm.
- Pilgrims by Amanita Design is a playful adventure game that encourages creative puzzle-solving. Solve tasks using dozens of items and characters without the obligation of following a designated path.
- Redout: Space Assault by 34BigThings is a single-player arcade space shooter that puts players in control of a Super Orbital Recon Fighter during the 2395 Colonization of Mars. Outsmart, outmaneuver, overpower, and outclass enemies in this fast-paced space adventure.
Launch day: September 19, 2019
Apple released 72 games on Apple Arcade's launch day. There are offerings from a multitude of developers with a wide range of gameplay mechanics and graphic styles.
Be sure to check out the dedicated Apple Arcade slot on the App Store to see all of the games available on the service. Some big hits from this release are "Sayonara Wild Hearts," "Sneaky Sasquatch," and "What the Golf?"
Requirements to play Apple Arcade
Apple Arcade is available on multiple platforms, including iOS, iPadOS, AppleTV, and macOS. To use Apple Arcade, users must make sure they have an iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 13, an iPad with iPadOS 13, a Mac with macOS 10.15 (Catalina), or an Apple TV with tvOS 13.
Apple Arcade is available in over 150 countries— nearly any country that has access to the App Store can access Apple Arcade. Notable exceptions to this rule are Macau, China (mainland), and Hong Kong.
While not required, players can use a third-party controller to play many of the titles available on Apple Arcade. Players can connect Xbox and Playstation controllers as well, thanks to updates to iOS 14.