Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 10:14 am PT (01:14 pm ET)
Apple releases iOS 7.0.5 to address iPhone network issues in ChinaApple on Wednesday pushed out a minor update for its mobile platform in the form of iOS 7.0.5, intended to address some network issues associated with the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c when being used in China.
iOS 7.0.5 can be obtained by accessing the Software Update option in the native Settings application on an iOS device. According to Apple, the update "corrects network provisioning for some iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c models sold in China."
The update comes just a few days after both devices officially launched on China Mobile, the world's largest wireless provider. Apple didn't indicate whether the update is specific to China Mobile iPhones or if it also applies to customers on China Unicom and China Telecom.
The last minor update for Apple's mobile platform came in November with the release of iOS 7.0.4. That update was intended for a more global audience, addressing issues associated with FaceTime.
Still in beta testing is iOS 7.1, of which a fourth pre-release build was supplied to developers last week. The point-one release is more full-featured and is expected to contain numerous tweaks for the iOS 7 platform. Rumors have suggested that update may not arrive until March.
On Topic: iPhone
- Rear shell for 5.5" 'iPhone 6' allegedly shown, measured in new video
- Apple 'not likely' to ship redesigned power adapter, Lightning cable with 'iPhone 6'
- Apple's secret iPhone 6 digital payment system said to also include Visa & MasterCard
- Apple reportedly inks deal with American Express for 'iPhone 6' payment system
- Alleged 'iPhone 6' NFC chip and working hardware shown in latest leaks