Apple issues first OS X 10.9.3 beta, asks developers to focus on graphics and audioA little over one week after its release of the OS X 10.9.2 maintenance update, Apple on Thursday seeded OS X 10.9.3 beta to developers for testing.
According to people who have seen OS X 10.9.3 beta build 13D12, Apple is asking developers to focus on Graphics Drivers and Audio. Notably absent from the release notes is Mail, which has been a thorn in OS X Mavericks' side since it debuted in October of 2013.
Despite a standalone patch and continued work through maintenance updates 10.9.1 and 10.9.2, users are still complaining of erratic Mail app behaviors including issues with Smart Mailbox functionality and problems with Gmail.
Apple latest released OS X 10.9.2 last week with a fix for the "goto fail" SSL security flaw and feature additions like FaceTime Audio and iMessage blocking.
Developers can download the latest OS X 10.9.3 beta via Software Update or Apple's developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple spotlights 'Focus' starring Will Smith, edited entirely in Final Cut Pro X
- Apple introduces new crash reporting service for developers in latest Xcode 6.3 beta
- Apple releases second beta of OS X 10.10.3 with focus on new Photos app
- Apple says Mac app makers must transition to ARC memory management by May
- For Apple's revamped photo experience to work, iCloud changes are needed