Apple issues first OS X 10.9.3 beta, asks developers to focus on graphics and audioA little over one week after its release of the OS X 10.9.2 maintenance update, Apple on Thursday seeded OS X 10.9.3 beta to developers for testing.
According to people who have seen OS X 10.9.3 beta build 13D12, Apple is asking developers to focus on Graphics Drivers and Audio. Notably absent from the release notes is Mail, which has been a thorn in OS X Mavericks' side since it debuted in October of 2013.
Despite a standalone patch and continued work through maintenance updates 10.9.1 and 10.9.2, users are still complaining of erratic Mail app behaviors including issues with Smart Mailbox functionality and problems with Gmail.
Apple latest released OS X 10.9.2 last week with a fix for the "goto fail" SSL security flaw and feature additions like FaceTime Audio and iMessage blocking.
Developers can download the latest OS X 10.9.3 beta via Software Update or Apple's developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple seeds OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite beta with tweaked Photos app
- First look: Fantastical 2 for Mac brings advanced calendaring to OS X Yosemite
- Apple posts fifth OS X 10.10.3 beta, adds OS X Recovery updates
- Apple's Boot Camp drops support for Windows 7 with latest MacBook models
- Apple's Safari among browsers taken down at Pwn2Own day 2