AppleInsider podcast reviews Apple's iPhone X with Face ID
This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Victor and Dan talk about the best things he's found using the iPhone X, its edge-to-edge OLED display, Face ID unlock system, and more.
- Dan's iPhone X review
- Commentary on supply chain bottleneck rumors (we suspect they aren't as bad as they were reported)
- The people still lining up for an iPhone
- How Apple's media approach has changed for this release.
- A bit of a sidetrack on screen orientation.
- A mention of the sales numbers of iPhone from the earnings call (It's a lot. Quite a lot. It makes "bottleneck supply chain rumors" look silly.)
- Reiterating that app developers do not have access to Face ID data.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- iPhone X review: Apple's Face ID vision for the future of iOS
- Face ID on iPhone X is just as fast, if not faster, than Touch ID
- How to enable and use Reachability on iPhone X
- Apple revenue surges 12% to $52.6B on sales of 46.7M iPhones, 5.4M Macs
- App developer access to iPhone X face data spooks some privacy experts
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].
AppleInsider has affiliate partnerships and may earn commission on products purchased through affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence our editorial content.