AppleInsider podcast goes hands-on with iPhone X, talks iOS updates and AR glasses
This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Neil and Victor talk about the iPhone X, an image sensor acquisition, AR glasses rumors, and iOS updates.
- Neil's got an iPhone X. How much does he like it? The answer will shock you.
- The iOS 11 A [?] bug and an update that claims to fix it, a problem with "Hey Siri" not activating Siri and the KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability.
- Apple's acquisition of InVisage, a camera sensor technology that reduces the size of the sensor while delivering better image quality.
- All the rumors surrounding the AR headset. Neil is not optimistic about the concept, Victor thinks its got legs. In a voice-first, augmented reality world, do we need to have a square of glass we pull out and look down at?
- Apple is all-in on FaceID: rumor has it the iPad Pro gets thinner bezels and the home button goes away in favor of the TrueDepth camera and projectors. The rumor says no OLED, and no notch.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- These low-cost wireless Qi chargers will juice your new iPhone X or iPhone 8
- Apple releases iOS 11.1.1 update with 'i' autocorrect fix, 'Hey Siri' bug repair
- Origin of Apple's 'A ?' QuickType bug a mystery, but notoriety grows with spread of memes, tweets
- Apple acquires photo sensor technology company InVisage
- Apple's AR headset: Rounding up the rumors about Apple's smart glasses
- Apple AR headset codenamed 'T288' said to run new 'rOS' operating system, launch as soon as 2020
- As Apple gears up for AR headset, Snap writes off $39.9M in unsold Spectacles
- Apple said to ditch home button for Face ID with thinner bezeled 2018 iPad Pros, but don't expect an OLED display
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].
AppleInsider has affiliate partnerships and may earn commission on products purchased through affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence our editorial content.