AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Victor and William talk through the latest news about Project Titan rumors, ARM Macbook rumors, and the strange case of the teenager who took 90GB of data from Apple.
- Welcome to another week of dashing William's hopes and dreams!
- This week, we discuss the Apple Car, and analyst Ming Chi Quo's bet that it results in an actual available car in about 5 years, contributing to Apple growth to a 2 Trillion USD, knowing that we've just passed the 1T mark. This is a big bet. William just wants a car, and we get into Victor's prediction that car ownership is changing, and talk about the Bird scooters littered about his town.
- Berkshire Hathaway increases ownership of Apple stock by 5 percent, or about 5 Billion dollars worth.
- Apple is getting into vital sign monitoring and increasing hires for sensor development.
- Apple is potentially working on a new inexpensive laptop. Couple that with the idea that the Macbook and Macbook Air are long in tooth, and that we've had an ARM Macbook rumor for ages, just as ARM has released their roadmap for the first time ever, and it looks like it hints at laptops. Maybe we're thinking of it wrongly, but an ARM Macbook seems interesting.
- An Australian teenager hacked Apple's network and took 90 gigabytes of data. At the time of recording, we weren't sure what was in the data, so we speculated. After having recorded, Apple released a statement saying that no customer information was compromised.
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Kuo: 'Apple Car' likely to launch in 2023 to 2025, fuel $2 trillion company valuation
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway increases Apple position by 5 percent
- Apple has big ambitions in expanding vital sign monitoring, continuing hiring spree
- Quanta rumored to be building new 'inexpensive' MacBooks in Dec. quarter
- TechCrunch: Arm wants to power your next laptop
- Australian teen hacked Apple's corporate network, accessed data and user accounts
- Apple says no customer information involved in hack by Australian teen
- Apple held secret meeting with developers in 2017 to push app subscriptions
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].