Apple Watch rewards, iCloud encryption, and WhatsApp hacks on the AppleInsider Podcast
Victor and William discuss the new Apple Watch rewards program in selected gyms, what's really going on with WhatsApp and iCloud encryption, and how iPhone demand in India has grown so much that a third factory is opening.
- "Apple Watch Connected" is a new gym system that will reward you when you work out — and have an Apple Watch.
- Saudi royals allegedly hacked Jeff Bezos' iPhone. Victor explains what we know and what it means for all our privacy.
- President Trump is again backing the DOJ's demands that Apple unlock iPhones
- Apple is clear that it won't unlock iPhones, but when it says it provides assistance to law enforcement, it isn't kidding. William and Victor detail just how much information about you Apple has that it can and will surrender to the proper authorities when required.
- Wistron is opening another factory in India, bringing their total to three in the region.
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
CLEAR is the absolute best way to get through airport security. It works great with Pre-Check too! Right now, listeners of our show can get their first two months of CLEAR for FREE. Go to clearme.com/appleinsider and use code appleinsider.
- 'Apple Watch Connected' will reward you to keep working out
- Saudi royalty implicated in Amazon Bezos' phone-hacking scandal
- UN urges US investigation into Bezos iPhone hacking
- Trump doubles down on demand that Apple unlock criminal's iPhones
- What Apple surrenders to law enforcement when issued a subpoena
- Wistron starts iPhone production at third plant in India
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].