New iPhone SE, COVID-19 contact tracing, and Mac utility roundup on the AppleInsider Podcast
An updated 4.7-inch iPhone SE, Apple and Google team up to develop contact tracing technology to reduce the spread of COVID-19, and our hosts go in-depth on more of their favorite Mac utilities.
Starting at just $399, Apple has released its anticipated successor to the iPhone SE. The new model comes with Touch ID, a 4.7-inch screen, and uses the latest A13 processor as found in the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
While the Coronavirus pandemic continues, Apple and Google have teamed up to develop contact tracing technology that will allow both iPhones and Android devices to aid in reducing the spread of COVID-19. Both companies are already facing questions over privacy concerns, but together have stated that "privacy, transparency, and consent are of utmost importance." Plus participation in the contact tracing will be optional.
Then as a follow-up to last week's Mac utility feature, our hosts present listener suggestions and list even more of their favorites. Send in your favorite Mac utilities by tweeting at us and using the hashtag #aipodcast
We'd love to hear your feedback. Tweet at Stephen Robles and Andrew O'Hara, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts here.
- ExpressVPN - AppleInsider listeners can get three extra months when you sign up for a year of service! Get the most secure and fastest VPN service today.
iPhone SE 2020 And iPad Magic Keyboard
- Apple, Google team on contact tracing' smartphone software to combat spread of COVID-19
- Trump says Apple-Google contact tracing system is amazing,' but raises big constitutional problems'
- Apple and Google detail COVID-19 contact tracing program, focus on privacy u
- Apple and Google must convince public that contact tracing is secure, senator says
Mac Utility Follow-Up
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]