Apple has been honored with a total of eight nominations in the 36th annual Imagen Award for five of its Apple TV+ originals, including "Ted Lasso" and "The Mosquito Coast."
The annual Imagen Awards support and celebrate Latino talent in the entertainment industry. The Imagen Foundation is set to announce the winners of the 36th annual awards ceremony on Oct. 10, 2021.
Apple has won a top of eight nominations for "Ted Lasso," "The Mosquito Coast," "Little Voice," "Ghostwriter," and "Mariah Carey's Magical Christmas Special."
- Best Director - Television: Natalia Beristain, "The Mosquito Coast"
- Best Music Composition for Film or Television: Antonio Pinto, "The Mosquito Coast"
- Best Primetime Program - Specials & Television Movies: "Mariah Carey's Magical Christmas Special"
- Best Supporting Actor - Television (Comedy): Cristo Fernandez, "Ted Lasso"
- Best Supporting Actor - Television (Drama): Kevin Valdez, "Little Voice"
- Best Supporting Actress - Television (Drama): Ofelia Medina, "The Mosquito Coast"
- Best Young Actor - Television: Isaac Arellanes, "Ghostwriter"
- Best Youth Programing: "Ghostwriter"
Among the nominations, Kevin Valdez has made Imagen Award history for being the first openly autistic Hispanic actor to win a nomination. "The Mosquito Coast" also won three nominations for Best Director, Best Supporting Actress, and Best Music Composition. "Mariah Carey's Magical Christmas Special" also won a nomination for best primetime program.
In 2020, Apple also nabbed eight nominations for its original Apple TV+ series, including "Little America," "Ghostwriter," and "Home."
Apple says that its shows and movies have earned with a total of 125 award wins and 503 award nominations in the two years since it debuted Apple TV+.
The Cupertino tech giant has seen critical success with a number of its originals such as "Ted Lasso," which has racked up awards and nominations in the Golden Globe Awards, Writers Guild of America Awards, Screen Actors Guild Award, and more.