Apple Student Discount
Page last updated:
Get Apple News Directly in Your Inbox
Apple offers several student discounts and deals when shopping for a device for college. These deals offer instant savings on hardware, with a free bonus gift during the peak back-to-school shopping season in July and August.
Shoppers should also pay attention to deals from Apple resellers, as many times limited-time specials and coupon savings meet or beat Apple's own prices, with discounts on AppleCare as well. These deals typically do not require a student to be enrolled in college, making it an easy way for parents to pick up a device that can be used by the entire family — or even educators looking for learning tools within the classroom.
2021 Back To School Deals
Discounts are open to all AppleInsider readers, regardless of student status. Requires use of coupon code APINSIDER and this activation link.
B&H EDU Advantage
B&H has partnered with UNiDAYS to offer discounts on thousands of items for students and teachers, including Apple computers. It's free to sign up and the portal even offers expert help to pick out the best MacBook for education.
Apple Student Discount
The following Macs and iPads are eligible for free headphones and discounted AppleCare+ during Apple's 2021 Back To School promotion.
Historically, Apple gives new student customers a free set of headphones with the purchase of an eligible device like an iPad or Mac. In previous years, Apple would give students the choice between several different Beats by Dre headphones.
In 2021, Apple is giving students a free set of AirPods for buying an eligible device. These popular earbuds normally cost $159, or $199 with a wireless charging case.
Apple allows customers to upgrade from AirPods to AirPods Pro with a $90 upcharge as well.
Exclusive AppleCare Savings at Adorama
AppleInsider readers can save on AppleCare at Adorama with coupon code APINSIDER when purchased alongside an eligible Mac using these activation instructions.
- Applecare for Apple Display: $100 off with code APINSIDER
- AppleCare for 16-inch MacBook Pro: $70 off with code APINSIDER
- AppleCare for Mac Pro: $70 off with code APINSIDER
- AppleCare for M1 MacBook Pro: $50 off with code APINSIDER
- AppleCare for M1 MacBook Air: $40 off with code APINSIDER
- AppleCare for iMac: $30 off with code APINSIDER
- AppleCare for Mac mini: $20 off with code APINSIDER
Apple Student Discount on AppleCare
Students purchasing eligible products can get AppleCare+ at a 20% discount during Apple's 2021 Back To School promotion. This doesn't extend to other devices purchased that are not eligible for back-to-school discounts.
AppleCare+ acts as an extended warranty for devices, so if the device's screen breaks or case is damaged it can be repaired for a small service fee. Otherwise, out-of-warranty repairs can cost hundreds of dollars.
Students who want to take advantage of the 20% discount can only receive the discount during the Back To School promotion period. Even if the device remains eligible for AppleCare+ after the period ends, the discount will no longer be valid.
Outside of Apple's annual Back To School sale, the company offers standard discounts on its hardware. The discount varies from device to device and applies even when upgrades are made before purchase.
- The MacBook Air is normally $999 and costs $899 for students [M1 MacBook Air Price Guide]
- The MacBook Pro is normally $1299 and costs $1199 for students [M1 MacBook Pro Price Guide]
- The iMac is normally $1299 and costs $1249 for students [M1 iMac Price Guide]
- The Mac Pro is normally $5999 and costs $5599 for students [Mac Pro Price Guide]
- The Mac mini is normally $699 and costs $649 for students [M1 Mac mini Price Guide]
- The iPad Pro is normally $799 and costs $749 for students [M1 iPad Pro 11-inch Price Guide]
- The iPad Air is normally $599 and costs $549 for students [iPad Air Price Guide]
- The 10.2-inch iPad is normally $329 and costs $309 for students [iPad 8th Generation Price Guide]
- The iPad mini is normally $399 and costs $379 for students [iPad mini Price Guide]
Student Media Services Discounts
Students can receive discounts on their Apple Music subscription as well. Qualifying students can attach their education discount to their Apple ID and pay only $4.99 per month for Apple Music.
Students who subscribe to Apple Music can also receive Apple TV+ for free as a limited offer. These are the single plans of the services and do not extend into a family group.
The student Apple Music pricing and free Apple TV+ last only as long as the Apple ID remains registered as a student account. If Apple ends the promotion, then the Apple student discount will only end once the subscription lapses.