New Mac OS X 10.3.6 build reveals key enhancementsA forthcoming update to Apple\'s Mac OS X 10.3 Panther operating system nears release as the company provides documentation of its feature set.
Apple Computer this week provided developers with the third external build of Mac OS X 10.3.6 Update, a forthcoming maintenance release that will further fortify the company\'s Mac OS X 10.3 \"Panther\" operating system.
Along with the build, which weighs in at approximately 34.5MB, Apple issued to developers an official list of included enhancements.
According to the computer maker, Mac OS X 10.3.6 will deliver improved file sharing for Mac (AFP), UNIX (NFS) and PC (SMB/CIFS) networks, while providing more reliable network automounts and launch of network applications.
The Panther update will also yield improved OpenGL technology and updated ATI and NVIDIA graphic drivers, additional FireWire audio and USB device compatibility, and improved compatibility for third party applications.
The release will pack updated versions of Apple\'s Calculator, DVD Player, Image Capture, and Safari applications, as well as previous standalone Mac OS X security updates.
Mac OS X 10.3.6 update is currently undergoing development inside Apple with the more recent build said to be Mac OS X 10.3.6 build 7R14. The company is reportedly on schedule to deliver the software update over the next 30 days.
On Topic: General
- Apple hires Google X lab cofounder, former Nest head of technology to work on health projects
- Apple releases fourth betas of iOS 9.3.2, OS X 10.11.5 to developers, public testers [u]
- Fiat Chrysler, Google partnering on self-driving prototypes based on Pacifica minivan
- Apple patent hints next-gen Apple Pencil to sport swappable nibs, Touch ID, 'eraser' & more
- Apple CEO Tim Cook calls doom and gloom 'huge overreaction,' turns sights to India