We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Apple and Google working on "many more" projectsGoogle chief executive Eric Schmidt said Monday that Google and Apple are continuing to collaborate on many new initiatives.
Schmidt made the comments at the Morgan Stanley Technology Conference in San Francisco while responding to a question concerning rumors that the two firms were working on a tablet-style personal computer.
Without commenting specifically on the rumor, Schmidt reportedly said Google and Apple are "doing more and more things together."
"We have similar goals, similar competitors," he added.
Thus far, Apple has integrated Google's geographical mapping service into its upcoming iPhone hand set. Rumors have also suggested that Google's technology will play an increasing role in the Mac maker's upcoming Leopard operating system release.
Schmidt, in addition to his role atop Google's executive hierarchy, is also a member of Apple's board of directors.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to headline Sen. Orrin Hatch's Utah Tech Tour on Friday
- Spotify reportedly engaging SoundCloud in advanced buyout negotiations
- Apple partners with leading business service provider Deloitte for enterprise IT
- Second man pleads gulity in 'Celebgate' hacks of iCloud & Gmail accounts
- Apple to house 1,400 employees at London's restored Battersea Power Station starting in 2021