Apple adds 'Why You'll Love iPad' section to website in new campaign directionIn a follow-up to last week's rollout of a special iPhone section on Apple.com, the company has extended the "Why You'll Love " campaign to include the iPad and iPad mini.
The new page, titled "Why You'll Love iPad" includes many of the same features as its partner iPhone section, touting awards from J.D. Power and Associates, battery life, apps and more.
Unlike the iPhone campaign site, however, the iPad version bundles the accolades for both the iPad and iPad mini into one webpage. Instead of just focusing on one product, "Why iPad" takes into account the two devices' unique properties such as the full-size iPad's Retina display and the iPad mini's portability.
The page is basically a hit-list of the iPad line's standout features that are normally spread across multiple webpages on the main Apple.com iPad landing page. With the new section, information from the iPad main page's sub destinations like Features, Design, Built-in apps and iOS, are now summarized in typical Apple ad talk and collected onto one scrollable webpage. There are no links to be found in the text body of "Why iPad," directing consumers to just focus on what is presented.
Apple appears to be taking a more aggressive stance in advertising its iOS device lineup, especially in light of new products from Android smartphone and tablet makers. It was reported earlier in March that chief rival Samsung spent $68 million more than Apple in 2012 on U.S. ads targeting smartphone users, a fivefold budget increase from the year previous.
On Topic: iPad
- Apple lands exclusive digital access to enhanced Harry Potter series on iBooks
- Disney animators test Apple's iPad Pro, reveal screen has roughed surface for drawing
- Rumor: iPad Pro, Apple Pencil & Smart Keyboard to go on sale first week of November
- Apple's HomeKit gets support from MediaTek via IoT chip SDKs aimed at appliances, small devices
- Pixar staff gets early chance to test iPad Pro & Apple Pencil