iPhone 5c cases already showing up for some pre-order customersAhead of this week's launch of the iPhone 5c, some customers who pre-ordered the device are finding that their colorful phone covers are arriving just a bit ahead of time.
Apple's silicon-rubber iPhone 5c cases are an integral part in how the company is marketing the lower-cost model, and iLounge reports that some customers are already seeing pre-ordered cases arriving. Apple has been heavily pushing the first-party covers as a way of allowing users to further differentiate their colorful new iPhones.
The 5c case retails for $29 on Apple's site. Its design allows for easy access to all of the iPhone 5c's controls, including the sleep/wake button and volume buttons. The main feature of the case is an essentially polka-dotted section that allows the color of the actual iPhone 5c unit to show through. In total, there are 30 possible phone-cover color combinations.
iPhone 5c cases are now showing a shipping lead time of 1-2 weeks on the U.S. Apple Store. The iPhone 5c, along with the iPhone 5s, will launch on Sept. 20.
On Topic: iPhone
- Samsung's Galaxy S6, S6 Edge receive tepid interest in native South Korea
- Apple 'unlikely' to launch new 4-inch iPhone model this year, insider says
- Apple updates several optional iOS apps, adds Watch remote support to Keynote
- ARM earnings grow 22 percent on royalties from newer smartphones like iPhone 6
- Google to discontinue YouTube support on older iOS devices, Apple TVs