iCloud server spy chip claims, iPhone XS selfies, more on the AppleInsider Podcast
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Neil and Victor discuss Bloomberg's claims of a spy chip implanted in Apple and Amazon's servers, the vociferous rebuttal, .reports of problems installing Mojave, iOS 12 charging difficulties, and more!
- Bloomberg claims that China has implanted 'spy chips' in Apple's and other firms' servers. Apple publicly rejects this claim. Neil and Victor take the story apart piece by piece.
- If you have a new MacBook Pro and iMac Pro, here's why you may have had difficulties installing Mojave. It's an issue with the T2 security chip and we explain what you can do.
- Neil is a fan of of speeding up his work with Siri Shortcuts and IFTTT but Victor isn't convinced it's any faster.
- Apple is reaching out to some consumers over weak LTE in some XS and XS Max iPhones.
- Consumer Reports has retested the iPhone XS and XS Max for battery life and found their previous results were wrong. How did that happen and doesn't it happen quite often now?
- It's confirmed that iOS 12 has a charging issue and Apple has been addressing it with fixes in the two latest betas. We explain what's happening and what you can do if you find you've got the problem.
You don't have to phone in from Florida as Neil has today: we like getting emails from readers everywhere. Send us your comments and concerns!, we'd love to hear from you.
This edition of the podcast is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Apple denies claim China slipped spy chips into its iCloud server hardware [u]
- Photography expert debunks iPhone XS 'beautygate,' details Apple's software-driven camera system
- Some 2018 MacBook Pro owners are running into errors installing macOS Mojave
- Apple doing 'outreach' to address weak LTE for some iPhone XS & XS Max owners
- Consumer Reports finds iPhone XS and XS Max last hours longer than iPhone X, contradicts previous tests
- Apple's iOS 12 update is causing sporadic issues with iPhone charging
- Latest iOS 12.1 beta fixes sporadic iPhone and iPad recharging issues
- What's new in iOS 12.1 beta 2 — bug fixes, emoji, and charging fix
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].