With the third beta of iOS 14, Apple continues to tweak the update. We got another new app icon this time around as well as several changes for widgets, the Music app, and much more.
Here are the changes we've uncovered thus far in the third developer beta of iOS 14.
- Music icon went from a white background to a red with a white music note
- Music widget also has a new colorful background
- Clock app now has a widget which was missing in the first two betas
- New popup when launching the widget editor for the first time
- New popup when editing Home screen
- New popup when accessing App Library for the first time
- In the Music app, the Library view has new app icons
- Users can now share Apple Music songs, albums, and playlists to Snapchat Stories from the Music app
- While editing the Home screen in jiggle mode, widgets jiggle now as well
- New option to be reminded to wash your hands when you arrive home in the Health app
- This updates now supports on-device translation rather than relying on remote servers
- Weather widgets in iPadOS was removed
- More details on the new mask face coverin for Memoji
- Redesigned Screen Time widgets
- You can now access an app icon's contextual menus when in the App Library list view
- Display Zoom now on 5.8-inch iPhones
- 3D Touch is (temporarily) removed
- New doorbell and camera icon in the Home app
- Smart Stack widget now has new larger size
- Health app shows number of hand washes and not just time
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and SE 2020 gain support for "back tap"
The third developer beta of iOS 14 comes roughly two weeks after the second developer beta. A new public beta has yet to be issued, though it may possibly arrive soon, barring no issues with the developer beta.