AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
On the AppleInsider podcast this week, Apple announces pre-orders for Apple Watch Series 7, we unfortunately have to test AppleCare+ for the new iPad mini, plus we remember Steve Jobs on the 10th anniversary of his death.
During a recent video shoot with pilot Scott Oglesby, our iPad mini fell from the plane's cockpit. The tumble caused damage to the body and display of iPad mini, which on the bright side, gave us an unexpected chance to test out the AppleCare+ experience with this new device.
Next, Apple announced the October 15 availability of Apple Watch Series 7 with pre-orders starting October 8. It was an odd announcement though, as practically no pricing or configuration specifications were revealed.
Even though Apple Watch Series 7 lacks any new health sensors and sports the came CPU as last year's model, leaked images that appeared on a Facebook post showcases the larger screen size and decreased bezels of the device.
Apple also revealed that the latest iOS 15.1 beta brings ProRes video recoding to iPhone 13 Pro. This update also adds a much-wanted toggle to disable macro mode so iPhone doesn't switch to the Ultra Wide camera inadvertently.
Users will have to wait until iOS 15.1 comes out of beta to get that particular toggle, but popular camera app Halide has already brought us ProRes. An update to their app with a new macro mode also offers users even more granular control of iPhone 13 Pro camera.
Speaking of adding features, a recent firmware update to the AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max, brings greater Find My support to Apple's headphones. Users can now initiate Lost Mode that will prevent other users from pairing AirPods to their device, and Bluetooth enabled location support will help users track AirPods Pro and AirPods Max when nearby.
Lastly, we cannot ignore how October 5 marked the 10th anniversary of the death of Steve Jobs. Apple produced a tribute video, now available on their YouTube channel, and we discuss the impact Jobs had on our lives.
Follow our Hosts
- Truebill: Save $100s a year by tracking and cancelling your subscriptions with Truebill! Visit truebill.com/appleinsider to get started.
- Gabi Insurance: Start saving on your auto insurance today! Visit gabi.com/appleinsider to find the best rates on car insurance with your current coverage in mind.
- Nebia by Moen: The first 50 people to use code appleInsider at checkout will save 10% off Nebia products! Visit nebia.com/appleinsider to learn more.
- ExpressVPN: AppleInsider listeners can get three extra months when you sign up for a year of service! Get the most secure and fastest VPN service today by visiting: expressvpn.com/appleinsider
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
Links from the show
- Flying with iPad mini - A Pilot's Review - YouTube
- iPad mini 2021 Review: Delightfully Small
- Austin Mann reviews iPhone 13 Pro cameras on the AppleInsider Podcast
- Flying with iPad mini: A pilot's review
- Users complain of iPad mini 6 screen distortions
- Apple Watch Series 7 preorders start on October 8
- Zen Pinball Party
- iPhone 13 Pro getting automatic macro mode toggle in iOS 15.1
- Halide 2.5 now available, boasting an all-new macro photography mode
- AirPods Pro and AirPods Max get Find My integration with latest firmware update
- The Tragedy of Safari 15 for Mac's Tabs'
- ActiveTab Safari Extension
- Google launching new Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro smartphones on Oct. 19
- Foundation Main Theme [Official Music Video] - YouTube
- Apple commemorates Steve Jobs on the 10th anniversary of his death
- Jony Ive remembers, reflects on his relationship with Steve Jobs
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.