Thursday, February 06, 2014, 04:06 pm PT (07:06 pm ET)
Apple seeds fifth OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developersContinuing with its weekly release schedule, Apple on Thursday seeded the fifth beta of OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 to developers with no significant changes.
Apple's latest 13C53 build comes one week after the fourth beta version of the upcoming maintenance update was released earlier this month.
As with the last build, Apple asks developers to concentrate on SMB2, Mail, Messages, Graphics Drivers, VoiceOver and VPN. Mail and Messages have been seeing trouble since Mavericks first launched in October, with affected users complaining of Gmail compatibility issues and suboptimal Smart Mailbox behavior.
Developers can download the latest Mavericks beta via Software Update or Apple's developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Microsoft says public beta of new Office for Mac coming in first half of 2015
- Users report slow Wi-Fi, dropped connections after upgrading to Apple's OS X Yosemite
- Rumor: Office for Mac to get Retina redesign, feature parity with Windows in Q1 2015
- First-week OS X Yosemite adoption rate outpaces Mavericks, now at 12.8%
- Getting the most out of the revamped OS X Spotlight search in Yosemite