AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Daniel Eran Dilger speaks to us live from WWDC and fills us in on the news plus just what it's like being at this event.
- The star of the show was the new Mac Pro. We've waited a long time to hear about it, and Victor even put it on his WWDC Bingo card last week, and here it is. Dan has seen it in the flesh and takes us through what it's really like.
- WWDC is for developers and they've just been given Catalyst, SwiftUI and so much more. What they get now is what they'll bring us later in their apps, so Dan and Victor examine just how these tools will change what a Mac App actually is and does.
- Developers are going to be able to add a new "Sign on with Apple" to their apps and it will bring us far greater privacy. But developers have to choose to do it and you can assume Facebook and Google won't relish giving up their equivalent. What's the future for Sign In now?
- iTunes is going away, but you'd think from press reports that Apple was coming to our houses and erasing all our purchases. Dan and Victor detail what's really happening and whether we're losing or gaining any features.
- WWDC may be over for this year, but it's a memorable one. Dan thinks that ARKit and Maps are going to be the things that have long term ripple effects for us all.
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Apple debuts new $5999 Mac Pro with up to 28-core Xeon processors
- Apple's new Mac Pro internal components - answers and lingering questions [u]
- Apple's Craig Federighi says Catalyst will boost quality of both Mac & iPad apps
- iTunes isn't dead! It's faster, streamlined and renamed Apple Music in macOS Catalina
- ARKit 3 features restricted to latest iPhones and iPads
- Apple's new Swift UI designed to help developers build better apps with less code
- 'Sign in with Apple' aims to replace Facebook authentication to keep user data private
- Developers talk about being 'Sherlocked' as Apple uses them 'for market research'
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].