Hackintosh vs Mac Pro, 2019 iPhone dummy models, and more on the AppleInsider Podcast
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, William and Victor talk about 2019 dummy iPhones, how cases get made, what's up with the slower SSD in 2019 MacBook Air, and whether you can make a Hackintosh that's faster than a Mac Pro.
- Betas! iOS 12.6 beta 7 is out - and it's especially noteworthy because it shows Apple's level of commitment to quality for the final release of iOS 12.
- Do you need a new iPhone? And, how do you know?
- Marques Brownlee has dummy models of the 2019 iPhones. We talk a bit about how case manufacturers get information and what exactly this can tell about Apple's plans.
- 2019 MacBook Air: it's impressive, but also has a somewhat slower SSD drive. We talk about who will even notice the difference.
- Jack Dorsey spoke at Apple to Apple Marketing and while no one is saying what he told them, we have a few wild ideas.
- The Department of Justice asks the judge in the Qualcomm antitrust case to temporarily hold on enforcing the judgement.
- Apple is going to start funding podcast production, to compete with Spotify.
- Can you build a Hackintosh that's faster than a new Mac Pro? And, if you really can, should you?
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
- Apple distributes seventh iOS 12.4, sixth watchOS 5.3 developer betas
- YouTuber reveals 'iPhone 11' models, claims few changes
- Hands on: The 2019 MacBook Air is a bargain, but SSD speeds fall
- Twitter founder Jack Dorsey gives talk to Apple staff
- DOJ asks appeals court to pause enforcement of Qualcomm antitrust ruling
- Apple may fund original podcasts exclusive to its own services
- Video demonstrates Hackintosh potential, but still isn't the Mac Pro
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].