Apple's "One More Thing" event is next week and they've teased the release of Apple Silicon Macs. As we wait for that, we've been out testing AT&T's 5G+ mmWave service in the real world — and pre-orders begin for iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and HomePod mini.
Next week Apple will hold its third event this Fall, and it appears we will finally see the first Apple Silicon Macs. Here's what to expect from the event, plus speculation about the possibilities of how Apple will configure and differentiate between these new computers.
Pre-orders for the iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max and HomePod mini are now live. Both Stephen Robles and William Gallagher have already bought the iPhone 12 Pro, but now there's a question of whether the better cameras in the iPhone 12 Pro Max are causing buyers' remorse.
Apple rather pushed how all of these phones have 5G, but the practical use of it in the real world is going a little slower than we might all like. Stephen has found the single street corner where AT&T's mmWave technology, which they call 5G+Ultra Wideband, is available in Orlando, Florida. Watch his download and speed tests in our YouTube video.
Stephen did those tests in the States, and William would have done the same in England — but that country has gone into lockdown. This has an impact on Apple Store pickup options and pre-orders of the iPhone 12 mini, Pro Max and HomePod mini, plus it
We'd love to interact with you on Twitter. If you have questions or comments on the show, tweet at Stephen Robles and William Gallagher, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts here.
Don't forget to subscribe and listen to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything else HomeKit related! Subscribe in Apple podcasts, Pocket Casts, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Links from the show
- iPhone 12 & AT&T 5G+ TESTED! What Speeds Can You Get?! - YouTube
- Apple announces Apple Silicon Mac special event for November 10
- Apple rumored to debut two 13-inch MacBook models at Nov. 10 event
- What to expect during the Apple Silicon 'one more thing' Mac special event on November 10
- MacBook Air, 13- and 16-inch MacBook Pro reportedly first Apple Silicon Macs
- 5G is a promise for the future, but isn't quite here today
- Apple's iPhone marketing manager talks 5G on iPhone 12
- Apple may keep Apple Stores open during second UK lockdown [u]
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]