Nanoleaf Essentials, and what not to do when you leave town on the HomeKit Insider Podcast
In this latest episode of HomeKit Insider, we talk through several new product launches, Andrew warns what not to do when you leave home on vacation, and we review the new Nanoleaf Thread devices.
A lot has happened since the last episode of HomeKit Insider. We saw the launch of the Quing Ling Air Monitor, a new Aqara Motion Detector, a Level Lock collaboration, and a new Thread line from Nanoleaf dubbed Essentials.
Andrew also left out town for a few days, with a plan to safely monitor his home remotely. Unfortunately, his Internet went down, leaving him unable to check on his house at all. Andrew talks about what led to this, and how you can prevent it from happening to you.
Rounding out the episode, we take a look at the new Nanoleaf Essentials Bulb and Lightstrip. These incredible devices are functional, exceptionally bright, and are the first to support Thread.
Links from the show
- QingPing release HomeKit-compatible Air Quality Monitor
- New Aqara TVOC Monitor and Aqara High Precision Motion Sensor released in China
- Level, Omnia partner on new line of 'invisible' HomeKit door lock hardware
- Robin Proline - The first HomeKit Secure Video Doorbell - YouTube
- Philips Hue brings HomeKit adaptive lighting via update
- Select Roku devices and TVs now support AirPlay 2 and HomeKit
- Eve starts bringing Thread support to existing products
- Nanoleaf launches Apple-exclusive Essentials smart lights with HomeKit & Thread
Stay tuned for more!
Please also leave a rating or review us on Apple Podcasts to help us improve the show as we move forward.
Those looking to sponsor the HomeKit Insider show can reach out to [email protected]