We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Apple releases OS X 10.8.4 with Wi-Fi & Exchange improvementsApple on Tuesday released OS X 10.8.4, its latest security and maintenance update for the Mountain Lion operating system for Mac, improving Wi-Fi connectivity and Microsoft Exchange compatibility, and also fixing an issue that prevented making FaceTime calls to non-U.S. numbers.
The OS X 10.8.4 update is now available for Mountain Lion users through the Mac App Store. A system restart is required once the update has been installed, and it is recommended by Apple for all users.
The full list of changes in OS X 10.8.4, according to Apple, are:
- Compatibility improvements when connecting to certain enterprise Wi-Fi networks
- Microsoft exchange compatibility improvements in Calendar
- A fix for an issue that prevented FaceTime calls to non-U.S. phone numbers
- A fix for an issue that may prevent scheduled sleep after using Boot Camp
- Improved VoiceOver compatibility with text in PDF documents
- Includes Safari 6.0.5
AppleInsider was first to report last week that the release of OS X 10.8.4 was imminent, as Apple closed the seed project for developer testing. In a note to developers last week, Apple thanked participants for testing, and noted that materials related to the seeding project would be shut down.
Prior to Tuesday's release, there were a total of eight betas of OS X 10.8.4 released, in which developers were asked to focus their testing on Wi-Fi, Graphics Drivers and Safari. Earlier builds of the software signaled that Apple is also testing high-speed 802.11ac Wi-Fi in OS X, suggesting the hardware capabilities are likely to appear in future Macs.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- New macOS Sierra 10.12.1 betas available to developers & public
- Troubleshooting macOS Sierra: FileMaker, Logitech and Razer devices, 4k display issues [u]
- Inside iOS 10: Examining the new smart Photos features
- Troubleshooting macOS Sierra: Wired networking, ScanSnap, Bluetooth
- Apple updates iWork for Mac, adding real-time collaboration beta to Pages, Numbers & Keynote