13-inch MacBook Pro refreshed, WWDC date announced, and HomeKit device roundup on the AppleInsider Podcast
Apple has refreshed the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Magic Keyboard, the start of Apple's online WWDC has been announced, the iPad Pro Smart Keyboard gets a teardown, and your hosts provide a massive roundup of HomeKit and smart home devices.
The refreshed 13-inch MacBook Pro completes Apple's transition to utilize the Magic Keyboard on all its MacBook Air and MacBook Pro laptops. In addition to the new keyboard, but that's not the absolutely sole benefit to the new machine. This revamped 13-inch MacBook Pro can also be upgraded to 4TB of storage and the latest Intel processors — plus it starts at just $1,299 including 256GB of flash storage.
Apple has announced that WWDC 2020 will begin on June 22. While you can assume Tim Cook's keynote will be shown more widely, this WWDC will chiefly run within the Apple Developer app and on the Apple Developer website.
Then your hosts discuss their thoughts on the iPad Magic Keyboard now that we are a couple of weeks in — and iFixit has shown us the device's fascinating internals.
Lastly, your hosts launch into a massive roundup of their favorite and some unique smart home and HomeKit enabled devices. We couldn't stop ourselves and go into some of the best cameras, light switches, window shades, water and flood detectors, motion detectors, smart locks, and much more.
Check out all the links below for AppleInsider reviews on many of these HomeKit devices, plus upcoming and unreleased products.
We'd love to hear your feedback. Tweet to Stephen Robles and Andrew O'Hara, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts here.
Smart Home Reviews
- HomeTags make it even easier to control your HomeKit devices via NFC
- ecobee launches HomeKit security system with camera, door tags, monitoring service
- Eve for HomeKit app updated with iCloud syncing and improved camera support
- Review: Eve Water Guard isn't flashy but can put your mind at ease
- Inside all the new HomeKit products coming out in 2020
- Review: Netatmo Smart Indoor Camera pairs HomeKit Secure Video with AI facial recognition
- Arlo adds HomeKit support to Arlo Pro 3 smart home camera system
- Hands on: Philip Hue's new HomeKit-enabled smart lights for 2020
- CES 2020: Hands on with August Wi-Fi Smart Lock with HomeKit
- CES 2020: Best of HomeKit
Smart Home Device Roundup
- Home automation company Wink under fire for surprise subscription mandate
- Wemo Mini Smart Plug
- Canary - A complete security system in a single device.
- Home Page
- Meethue | Hue
- Brilliant: Smart Home Automation, Control and Lighting System
- Eve Light Switch
- Koogeek Apple Homekit enabled smart home products Smart Home at Koogeek
- iDevices Switch
- Lutron Smart Window Shades
- Lutron Maestro Ceiling Fan Switch
- Eve Aqua Smart Water System
- Orbit In-Ground Sprinkler System
- Traeger Ironwood Grills - WiFi Pellet Grills
- ecobee Smart Thermostats & Smart Home Devices
- Smart Lock | Digital Door Lock
- August Home | Your Smart Home Starts at the Front Door
- Logitech Circle 2 Home Security Camera, Indoor/Outdoor HD Camera
- Arc: The Premium Smart Soundbar | Sonos
- Mu-so 2nd Generation
- FIBARO | Flood Sensor - the water leak detector
- Fibaro HomeKit Flood Sensor
- Eve Water Guard
- Eve Motion on Amazon
- Aqara on Amazon
- Aqara Smart Wall Switch (No Neutral, Double Rocker)
- Aqara Hub, Wireless Smart Home Bridge
- Eve Cam | evehome.com
- Indoor security camera with Alexa Built-in | ecobee
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]