Your AppleInsider Podcast hosts sift through details learned since the Wonderlust event, including more on iPhone 15, USB-C, Thread, Ultra Wideband, and why Apple Watch Series 9 is a bigger upgrade than it seems.
Apple revealed the iPhone 15 lineup, Apple Watch Series 9, Apple Watch Ultra 2, and its relationship with Mother Nature during the Wonderlust event on Tuesday. Your hosts go deeper than the surface-level announcements to find new tidbits worth discussing as pre-orders begin.
The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro received several significant upgrades that will make day-to-day interactions even better. USB-C arrived as expected, but more importantly, the iPhone can now communicate directly with devices that use the Thread protocol and generation 2 Ultra Wideband opens new doors for device and people tracking.
Updates to Apple's camera app and photo editing features give users more control over every shot. Even iPhone 14 series users can take advantage of the new focus control feature when editing images with depth data.
Apple Watch Series 9 didn't change much externally, but it is pink and that could have been enough for many customers. But the new SiP and pinch gestures are great selling points that may drive even 2022 Apple Watch owners to update.
While hardware releases are always exciting, Apple is set to release the latest software updates to users too. Stephen and Wes discuss a handful of little-discussed features coming in iOS 17, including some that won't make it for release day.
Contact our hosts
- HelloFresh: America's #1 Meal Kit! Use the promo code 50appleinsider for 50% off plus FREE shipping when you visit: http://hellofresh.com/50appleinsider
- Everything iPhone 15 Pro's Action button can do
- Action Button Shortcut - Tweet
- iPhone 15 doesn't come with color-matched cables after all
- Apple kills MagSafe accessories in response to USB-C introduction
- iPhone 15 Pro All Colours Hands-On - YouTube
- Apple Watch Series 9 vs Apple Watch Series 8 - Specs, design
- This new iOS 17 feature helps users rely more on renewables
- Apple releases PDFs of iOS 17 and macOS Sonoma features
- Only the 2023 second generation AirPods Pro can do lossless audio
- Apple's new iCloud+ plans start at $30 per month
- Apple TV+ hit For All Mankind' debuts 4th season on Nov. 10
- Apple sneaks in old devices to event video — and omits one
Links from the show
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: mailto:[email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.