This week on AI: 'iPhone 8' plans, Apple Maps drone fleet, MacBook Pro performance shootout & more
News settled down this week post-Thanksgiving, but there were still developments involving next year's OLED-equipped "iPhone 8," and hints about where Apple is going with its Maps app and future health hardware.
Everything you need to know:
- See how the 2016 MacBook Pro beats the 2015 model in performance > >
- Apple is testing over 10 prototypes for next year's flagship iPhone > >
- Drones and indoor navigation will help to improve Maps in 2017 > >
- Samsung was denied an appeal of a $119.6M verdict in Apple's favor > >
- Apple is interested in cardiac-related health hardware > >
- Apple Pay arrived in Spain > >
- Australian banks suffered a setback in their attempt to gain access to the same NFC technology Apple Pay uses > >
For in-depth discussion of this week's hottest stories, listen to the AppleInsider podcast. Subscribe here, or stream the embed below:
A roundup of all of our hottest stories this week:
AppleInsider has affiliate partnerships and may earn commission on products purchased through affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence our editorial content.