CES 2021 report, MacBook docking tips, Bluetooth problems on the AppleInsider Podcast
This week, on the AppleInsider Podcast, we discuss CES 2021 unveils of compelling accessories for iPhone and iPad, plus tips for docking your MacBook Pro — and beating Bluetooth issues.
Among the many announcements of interest to Apple users at this year's virtual CES, LG unveiled its first 4K OLED display. Then Anker revealed a line of MagSafe accessories and portable batteries, and Kensington previewed the iPad Pro StudioDock.
This setup isn't perfect, though, as persistent Bluetooth issues on the M1 MacBook Pro breaks connection with the Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard when connecting multiple wireless devices. Apple has promised a fix is coming soon to macOS Big Sur.
Next, iOS 14.4 beta 2 has been released and, taking advantage of the U1 ultra wideband chip in HomePod mini and newer iPhones, improves the audio handoff experience. A hidden new URL scheme also reveals a "Find My Items" menu on Apple devices.
Lastly, Apple has announced an increased investment and additional programs associated with its Racial Equality and Justice Initiative. It is contributing $25 million to create the Propel Center within Atlanta University Center, plus opening a Developer Academy in Detroit. It's also investing $10 million with New York's Harlem Capital, which aims to support 1,000 new companies over the next two decades.
We'd love to interact with you on Twitter. If you have questions or comments on the show, tweet at @stephenrobles and @wgallagher, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts .
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Links from the show
- Apple amps up Racial Equality and Justice Initiative efforts with new projects
- LG announces first OLED 4K UltraFine 31.5-inch display
- Anker's new accessory lineup includes magnetic iPhone cases, iPhone 12 stands
- Kensington's new iPad Pro StudioDock packs a range of ports and chargers
- Targus announces new Work from Anywhere line, includes docking stations and iPad cases
- MacBook Vertical Dock
- PD3220U | BenQ DesignVue Designer Monitor
- Apple plans macOS software fix for M1 Mac Bluetooth connectivity issues
- Review: Belkin's delayed MagSafe Boost Charge Pro is worth the wait
- All the changes in iOS 14.4 beta 2
- Belkin debuts Find My-enabled wireless earbuds, 2-in-1 MagSafe charging stand
- URL scheme reveals hidden 'Find My Items' menu on Apple devices
- Samsung inadvertently uses iPhone to tweet Galaxy Unpacked promo
- Apple purges Parler from App Store, Amazon cutting web service on Sunday
- Parler Users Breached Deep Inside U.S. Capitol Building, GPS Data Shows
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]