Apple's new iPad has starting hitting purchaser's homes with deliveries originating in China, and those seeking an iPad today have the option of selecting Personal Pickup and in some cases buying at the store without a pre-purchase.
Thursday, March 30, 2017
As of macOS 10.12.4, released on Monday, a new keystroke combination at launch will allow Macs to netboot, and download the latest OS compatible with a computer when performing a recovery, potentially saving time and bandwidth.
Users of Adobe's image editing software may see a new creative option added to the tools in the future, thanks to artificial intelligence research conducted by Adobe and Cornell University that can make changes to a photograph by transferring the style and other elements from another source.
Apple's new 9.7-inch budget iPad is in many respects the original iPad Air with a few key upgrades to keep it relevant in 2017, according to a teardown published on Thursday.
Apple, Google, and Microsoft have banded together with a number of major corporations in the United States keeping to their pledges to combat climate change, despite actions by President Donald Trump to try and free companies from constraints in environmental policies put in place by the Obama administration.
Apple will reportedly begin widespread iPhone sales in Argentina again next month, following a years-long hiatus prompted by past political policies and Apple declining to open a local factory.
Killer Deals: 13" MacBook Pros from $1,299 ($150-$300 off); Touch Bar models from $1,599 ($200 off); 15" MacBook Pros from $2,199 ($300 off)
For the next 48 hours only, grab Apple's current 13-inch MacBook Pro in Silver or Space Gray for $1,299 ($200 off) with free shipping and no sales tax in 48 states. Upgraded models are being slashed by $200-$300, including a 13-inch Touch Bar configuration for $1,599 ($200 off). Meanwhile, save $300 on 15" MacBook Pros that start at just $2,199.
ExclusiveKiller Deals: Save $150 to $390 instantly on Apple's new Touch Bar MacBook Pros with Apple Care, plus no tax in 48 states
First come, first served: AppleInsider readers can use exclusive coupons this week to instantly save between $150 and $390 on every possible configuration of Apple's new Late 2016 MacBook Pros bundled with AppleCare, including all 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models and all 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models. Plus sales tax isn't collected in 48 states.
All Android store competitors combined poised to overtake Apple's iOS App Store by revenues, but not profits
A report on global mobile app markets notes that Apple's iOS App Store remains the world's largest by revenues and is predicted to hold onto its crown as "the most lucrative" through 2021, although all of the world's competing Android software markets combined are expected to exceed the App Store in total revenues at some point later this year.
According to fresh market research data, Apple Music's three-month free trial helped push the service ahead of competitors Spotify and Pandora in terms of unique monthly users for the month of February.
The launch of Samsung's 2017 flagship Galaxy S8 isn't causing any apparent concern among Apple's investors, who collectively pushed the company's stock even further upward today despite the announcements—and the continuous run up in Apple stock that has occurred since the iPhone maker last released earnings in January.
Google on Wednesday released a long-awaited update to its Calendar app for iOS, finally introducing a native iPad interface that makes use of the extra screen space on Apple's tablet.
As is normal with Apple beta releases, Apple has followed up a developer-only release of iOS 10.3.2 with one for public beta program participants — but as with the initial release it still lacks a 32-bit binary.
Facebook this week introduced Live Location to its Messenger app for iOS, letting people temporarily track each other when trying to rendezvous. Here's how to make use of the feature on your iPhone.
A former engineering manager on Apple's Mail app, Terry Blanchard, has left the company to play a key role in developing Readdle's Spark email client, according to an announcement.
For 24 hours only, B&H Photo is taking $800 off Apple's fully loaded 11" MacBook Air (Early 2015) featuring a 2.2GHz Core i7 processor, 8GB of memory and 512GB of storage with free shipping and no tax outside NY and NJ.
Alongside the launch of the Galaxy S8, Samsung has unveiled an update to its Gear 360 camera, with the new version of the 360-degree camera now offering support for iPhones for the first time, as well as the ability to live stream and capture true 4K-resolution video.
Samsung on Wednesday confirmed a multitude of rumors by announcing its new flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S8 — a device with an OLED "Infinity" display and no physical home button, much like Apple's rumored "iPhone 8."
After a few hours of availability, Apple pulled the over-the-air iOS 10.3 update for the iPhone 5 and 5c, though the legacy devices can still be updated through iTunes on a Mac or PC.
Samsung's long period of bad luck doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon, after one of the manufacturer's stores in Singapore caught fire early on Tuesday morning, with the incident occurring the day before the South Korean electronics giant reveals the Galaxy S8 smartphone.
GigSky — a company specializing in data plans for iPad users with Apple SIMs — on Wednesday announced it's adding over 40 more regions, while improving the value of existing plans in North America.
Apple's tvOS 10.2 is preventing third-party AirPlay streamers from sending audio to the fourth-generation Apple TV, and it is unclear at this time if the functionality can be restored.
CalDigit is partnering with AppleInsider this week to give readers the chance to win one of three TS3 Lite docks featuring dual Thunderbolt 3 Type-C ports, Gigabit Ethernet, DisplayPort and more.
The most recent Apple supplier report is mostly a rehash of previous years — but includes one entry from a facility that appears to exclusively produce car parts and support equipment for automobiles.
Apple appears to be quietly operating a research facility in Switzerland, possibly with the company's self-driving car project in mind, according to a local news site.
President Donald Trump is the proud owner of a new iPhone. America's commander-in-chief is now confirmed to be tweeting from a device he called on supporters to boycott during last year's campaign, citing the tech giant's refusal to cooperate with authorities investigating the San Bernardino shootings.
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Sporting apps MLB.com at Bat and NHL on Tuesday became the first iOS titles to take advantage of a new iOS 10.3 feature that allows users to change an app's home screen icon after installation.
With the release of iOS 10.3.2 beta, Apple is not offering iTunes restore images for 32-bit devices like the iPhone 5 and fourth-generation iPad, suggesting the forthcoming point update will mark a watershed for iOS.
Apple is no longer allowing developers to include pricing information in the name of their respective app store submissions, a practice commonly used to promote free or inexpensive software.
Apple introduced Apple Pay to Taiwan on Wednesday local time with support for seven banks in the region, bringing the touchless payments system to to its 15th market.
While the feature enhancements of new OS updates generally take up more of your available storage, Apple's latest iOS 10.3 update has freed up gigabytes of available storage for many users making the upgrade. It reclaimed as much as 7.81 GB in our testing.
Apple on Tuesday updated iTunes U with a handful of new features, including improved annotation options and ways of sharing and accessing media.
Apple's stock price on Tuesday hit a new record of $143.80, eclipsing the $1,000 per share pre-split benchmark, and if it keeps pace for the rest of the week will beat the company's old market capitalization record.
The day is rapidly approaching where Apple will just disallow 32-bit apps from running on iOS, maybe as soon as iOS 11. AppleInsider shows you how to identify which apps installed on your iPhone are 32-bit — and points out some problems that Apple needs to rectify before that day comes.
With the launch of Apple's 9.7-inch low-cost iPad line, as well as a new red iPhone 7 and 128GB iPhone SE, now is the time to trade in your old device and secure a cash bonus before values drop. BuyBackWorld is offering readers a $10 to $20 bonus on trades over $50, while Gazelle is giving customers 10% more for iPads valued over $75.
With the release of iOS 10.3 on Monday, Apple has also extended Wi-Fi and VoLTE (voice-over-LTE) calling to more carriers worldwide, most notably enabling both options for the U.K. branch of O2.
Apple releases first developer betas of iOS 10.3.2, macOS Sierra 10.12.5, watchOS 3.2.2, and tvOS 10.2.1
Just a day after an omnibus release spanning all of Apple's operating systems, the company has released beta versions of macOS Sierra 10.12.5, iOS 10.3.2, tvOS 10.2.1, and watchOS 3.2.2 to developers.
Apple on Tuesday once again approved Metadata — an app drawing attention to U.S. drone strikes — for download on the App Store, following a nearly two-year wait after its removal. [Updated with second removal]
Card payment firm Square is expanding its reach into Europe, with the launch of the Square Reader in the U.K., offered as a way for small businesses to easily accept card payments using chip and PIN, contactless transactions, and mobile payments including Apple Pay.
- Facebook rolls out Snapchat-like Stories & in-app camera for Apple's iPhone
- Urbanears launches Connected Speakers with built-in support for Apple AirPlay
- How to manage your Apple ID, iCloud, iPhone backups & more in iOS 10.3
- Apple's CarPlay gains quick-access task switcher with iOS 10.3
- No, an LTE-equipped Apple Watch will not come with a physical SIM card
- Apple mulls joining reported SoftBank-backed investment in Didi to avoid dilution of existing stake
- Apple's iOS 10.3 patches mobile Safari bug used in ransomware campaign
- Apple's iOS 10.3 lets customers leave in-app ratings, developers can respond to reviews
- Video recap: Apple releases iOS 10.3, macOS 10.12.4 and watchOS 3.2
- Facebook updates Messenger for Apple's iPhone & iPad with Live Location sharing
- Facebook hires former Apple designer Michael Hillman to take charge of VR hardware at Oculus
- Apple TV Remote app updated, adding iPad support and better caption selection
- Lengthy iOS 10.3 install time likely due to conversion to new Apple File System
- Apple adds Touch ID security in updated iOS, macOS versions of Numbers, Pages & Keynote
- Apple releases macOS 10.12.4, watchOS 3.2 & tvOS 10.2 updates
- Apple opens developer lottery registration for WWDC 2017 tickets
- iOS 10.3 now available for iPhone, iPad with Find My AirPods, Apple File System, more
- Rumor: Siri to get iMessage integration, adapt to user habits in 'iOS 11'
- Pre-order Deal: $10 off every new 9.7-inch iPad at B&H with no tax in 48 states, plus earn 5% reward
- Apple's 2017 Supplier Responsibility Report reveals 2.4M workers taught rights, carbon emissions cut
- Wells Fargo to offer Apple Pay-based ATM transactions later in 2017
- UK official calls for government access to encrypted iMessage, WhatsApp messages
- Apple CEO Tim Cook tapped to advise President Trump's 'Office of American Innovation'
- JP Morgan raises Apple target to $165, sees sales of 260M iPhones in 2018
- Final days! The Big AppleCare Sale: Save $50 to $130 on standalone AppleCare plans with no tax in 48 states
- Drake's 'More Life' garners half of its worldwide downloads from Apple Music because of Beats 1
- Apple 'stepping up' development of augmented reality glasses, moving towards consumer device - report
- T-Mobile adds iPhone AppleCare+ services to Jump, Premium Device Protection add-on plans
- TSMC gearing up for 'A11' chip production, likely for 'iPhone 7s' and 'iPhone 8' — report
- New $329 2017 Apple iPad with A9 processor now shipping, arriving March 30
- Head to head: The best calendar apps for iPhone, iPad, and macOS
- Frankenphone combines (Product)Red iPhone 7 Plus with Jet Black iPhone face
- Chinese court overturns patent ruling, enabling continued iPhone 6 sales by Apple
- Apple's 2017 iPad vs. 2016 9.7" iPad Pro: Which model is right for you?
- This week on AI: Apple's $329 'budget' iPad, red iPhones, hacking threats & more
Monday, March 27, 2017
Sunday, March 26, 2017
Saturday, March 25, 2017