AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
A possible Services bundle for Apple, iOS 14 feature rumors, how Apple's AR glasses could make watching sports more interactive, plus how Tim Cook has contributed to the debate about racism and injustice, on the AppleInsider Podcast.
A recent patent application reveals that Apple is researching ways to enhance viewing of live sporting events with augmented reality. Using the rumored "Apple Glass", viewers may be able to choose their preferred camera angle or even pause the game to look up information on a shoe or other object within the game.
iOS 14 may bring Apple Pencil support to Safari and built-in translation to websites. While third-party services like Google Translate can be loaded onto a website, this feature would allow users to translate any website they view using the iPhone's built-in web browser.
A snippet of code in the iOS 13.5.5 suggests Apple may still be considering bundling some of its services. While a Family Sharing group on Apple's products can utilize one subscription to Apple Arcade or Apple TV+, this kind of bundle might give users who subscribe to multiple Apple services a discount — and encourage them to adopt more.
Next we discuss the Apple TV+ original, "Defending Jacob," and we give a brief, spoiler-free review. Then we close out the show reading some of Tim Cook's letter addressing racism and injustice in the US.
If you have questions you'd like answered on the show, tweet at Stephen Robles and William Gallagher, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts here.
- CleanMyMac X - Use the coupon code APPLEINSIDER to get 5% off your purchase of the beautifully designed CleanMyMac X app.
Links from the Show
- Subscribe to our new show: HomeKit Insider!
- Apple researching how to make televised sports more interactive through AR
- iOS 14 could bring built-in translator, Apple Pencil support to Safari
- Apple still mulling services bundle, iOS 13.5.5 code suggests
- Sneaky Sasquatch
- Defending Jacob on Apple TV+
- Home on Apple TV+
- Apple Stores smashed and looted amid George Floyd protests
- Tim Cook speaks out about racism and injustice
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]