On this week's episode of the AppleInsider Podcast, a new rumor claims that the iPhone 15 battery may be giant, Meta's Twitter-rival Threads has launched to success but also privacy concerns, and more!
It's a shame that Threads is made by Facebook, and so comes with a history of privacy concerns and an App Store "nutrition label" that's enough to turn you vegan. But right from launch it's been a bigger success than other Twitter alternatives like Mastodon, and by a long, long way.
Listen to host Stephen Robles's excitement as talks about how much he's already enjoying Threads. Then listen to iOS 17's Personal Voice feature as it attempts to mimic Stephen's voice and doesn't quite hit the same heights of enthusiasm.
But then it's back to enthusiasm with the news that the iPhone 15 range will get bigger batteries. Stephen's iPhone 14 Pro is already showing a startling drop in battery health, the maximum charge it can hold, so clearly he must upgrade.
And quite clearly guest William Gallagher should pay more attention as he has to ask Stephen what his own Threads username is.
Contact your hosts
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts.
Links from the show
- Use Visual Look Up to identify objects on iPhone
- Everything new in iOS 17 beta 3
- Apple Music gets credits inh iOS 17 beta 3
- How to use Personal Voice in iOS 17
- Rumor claims iPhone 15 battery boost is inbound this fall
- iPhone 15 Pro could be dark red, iPhone 15 in mint green
- Apple highlights collaborative AR art experience Deep Field'
- Goldman Sachs looking for a exit on Apple Card deal`
- Apple releases trailer for Scorcese's Killers of the Flower Moon'
- Apple Original Invasion' returns for third season in August
- Humane says its wearable phone will be named Humane AI Pin'
- Anybox: Bookmark and Read Later on the App Store
- Deliveries: a package tracker on the App Store
- Parcel - Delivery Tracking on the App Store
- AfterShip Package Tracker on the App Store
- Meta's Instagram launches its Twitter competitor, Threads
- Twitter limits access to beat data scrapers
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected].
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.