Apple's event scheduled for April 20 will likely feature a new iPad Pro and "AirTags," "iPhone 13" rumors, Apple TV, and more, all on this week's episode of the AppleInsider Podcast.
The much anticipated spring Apple event has been officially announced for Tuesday, April 20 as an all-digital event streaming at 10 a.m. Pacific. We expect a new iPad Pro to headline the event, with mini-LED screen technology coming to the larger 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
In addition to the new iPads, the long-rumored "AirTags" may be released at this event, perhaps even alongside "AirPods 3". Stay tuned for a special recap episode of the podcast airing soon after the event has ended and examining everything released at Apple's "Spring Loaded" event.
More leaks of the "iPhone 13" point to a smaller notch and slightly thicker hardware design. In addition, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo issued a report claiming Face ID will move beneath the iPhone display in 2023 creating a true full-screen experience. Kuo also detailed a new 48-megapixel camera with 8K video support could debut on the iPhone in 2022.
According to a Bloomberg report, Apple is working on a new Apple TV that would combine the set-top box with a HomePod-like speaker. The report also states that Apple is developing a speaker and touchscreen combination device that resembles Amazon's Echo Show.
Logitech has announced that the Harmony line of remotes will be discontinued and we are so upset. While the company does plan to support the software and add additional devices in the future, the decision leaves users looking for a physical universal remote with few options.
Next, Discord has been forced to remove some of its NSFW servers in order to lower their App Store age ranking to 12+ and remain available to young teenagers. Plus Verizon is giving up on RCS leaving little hope for a rich texting experience on Android phones, and iMessage lock-in is revealed to be part of Epic's argument in the forthcoming court case with Apple.
If you have questions or comments on the show, tweet at @stephenrobles, @thisisneil, and @wgallagher, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts.
Do you host a podcast discussing technology or Apple devices and would like an AppleInsider staffer to appear as a guest? Let us know by sending a message to: [email protected] and we'll be in touch!
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
- Upstart: Find out how Upstart can lower your monthly payments today! Take a short online quiz and get approved online when you go to upstart.com/appleinsider.
- Amazon Pharmacy: Amazon Prime Members can save on prescription medication when not using insurance and get FREE 2-Day delivery! Learn more at: amazon.com/appleinsiderrx to learn more.
- Nebia by Moen: The Nebia by Moen Spa Shower is Nebia's most advanced shower yet. Use code AppleInsider for 15% off Nebia products! Visit nebia.com/appleinsider to learn more.
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Links from the show
- Apple announces April 20 special event - iPad Pro, AirTags expected
- 'AirPods 3' and 'Apple Pencil 3' nearly ready for release, says leaker
- Comply Foam Tips
- 'Loaded' expectations: There are no secrets or hidden messages in Apple's event invitations
- Apple to banish iPhone's TrueDepth 'notch' with sub-display Face ID in 2023, Kuo says
- Kuo: 48MP camera with 8K support coming to iPhone in 2022, 'mini' model axed
- New leak again shows smaller notch for 'iPhone 13'
- Supposed 'iPhone 13 Pro' renders smaller notch, thicker chassis
- Apple TV with camera and built-in HomePod speaker reportedly in the works
- Sevenhugs Smart Remote - Best Buy
- Logitech discontinues Harmony universal remote lineup
- Discord spokesperson blames Apple for NSFW content removal
- Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile kill RCS plans | Light Reading
- Apple says iMessage on Android will hurt us more than help us'
- Zack Kanter and DHH on iMessage
- Apple greenlights 'Black & Blues: The Colorful Ballad of Louis Armstrong' documentary
- Apple TV+ has the highest-rated content of all streaming platforms
- Ghostery Lite - Mac App Store
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.